Sad news from the motorcycling world

injidup

Morning all,Nicky was a great guy and a great rider,he had just started with the new fireblade and i'm sure he would have been at the front before the edn of the year,maybe add another championship to results, R.I.P NICKY

Willie

Yes a great, great shock to all involved in motorcycle sport. As an Airfield Marshall at the Silverstone Circuit just 5 miles from here for nearly 30 years I'd met all of the Hayden family, a happy, friendly, respectfull crowd who always travelled together. Nicky's siblings were also in motorcycle racing of one form or another.

His accident happened only a few days after our Sky Tour De France winner Chris Froome was knocked from his bike by a car whilst out training in France, thankfully not sustaining any serious injury!

The cycling community showed their respect at the start of yesterdays stage of the Tour of Italy when they was a minute's silence for Nicky. I understand that he trained with some of the riders in that race.   

• Like 3

Indeed a sad loss. According to one MotoGp forum Marquez trained with him when they were team mates and commented that Nicky wasn't far off Pro status on a 'pushbike' and so it appears a strange incident. I don't think anyone had a bad word to say about him and he was always entertaining in his interviews.