Jump to content
This site uses cookies! Learn More

This site uses cookies!

You can find a list of those cookies here: mysite.com/cookies

By continuing to use this site, you agree to allow us to store cookies on your computer. :)

Val

1/72 Hasegawa A-10A Thunderbolt II

Recommended Posts

Val    2,147
  • Kit manufacture: Hasegawa
  • Scale: 1/72
  • Type: A-10A Thunderbolt II
  • Extras used: Verlinden Productions resin and photoetch update
  • Paints and colours used: Vallejo Model Air Ghost Grey in the cockpit, various Vallajo and Tamiya paints inside, Gunze H57 Aircraft Grey, H301 Grey FS36081, H302 Green FS34092 and H303 Green FS34102 for the camo colours. Aqua Gloss, Tamiya Semi Gloss and Flat Coat were used for the clear coats. Weather was done with thinned down Tamiya Rubber black and Flory Dark Dirt weathering wash.


The kit was ok... Raised panel lines are a pain as they are hard to reproduce when lost through sanding as well as cause issues with holding wash. The fit wasn't great; a lot of filler and sanded needed. To be fair it is an older kit and the amount of resin and lead I crammed in definitely didn't help. That said, it wasn't cheap for an older kit. I bought this before I really new about reboxing etc, and knowing what I know now I'd have probably invested the same money on a new kit. At the end of the day, I'm pleased with how she turned out and she undeniably looks like a hog. Here's the pics:

[fullsizeoutput_125b_zpsuvzn6hlb]  

[fullsizeoutput_125c_zpsifhvpevb]  

[fullsizeoutput_125d_zpszfrcm2yy]  

[fullsizeoutput_125e_zpsmwynetqu]  

[fullsizeoutput_125f_zpsmvnrtpwa]  

[fullsizeoutput_1261_zpsguc9zcgh]  
 
[fullsizeoutput_1262_zpsxquolqii]  

[fullsizeoutput_1263_zpscklqskuf]  

[fullsizeoutput_1264_zps4s8dvhxo]  

[fullsizeoutput_1265_zpsjk5aux8r] 

[fullsizeoutput_1266_zps6fif0jd8]  

[fullsizeoutput_1267_zpsajrugucd]  

[fullsizeoutput_1268_zps5z94ewqu]  

[fullsizeoutput_1269_zpswupdtsx7]  

So there we go! Thanks for looking! Comments and criticism welcome as always,

Many thanks,

Val

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Simon382    317

Very nice indeed and in the colours that make the Hog look it's meanest in my humble opinion

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Nigel Heath    13,740

Looks really good, very neat canopy and cockpit.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Christer A    1,512

Great looking Hog!

They look the best in Euro-1 I reckon, so a good choice there!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Gorby    1,138

Nice job - excellent work on the camo!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
F-32    1,889

Very smart indeed, you don't often see the old school scheme anymore

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
jean    1,510

Outstanding camo on a not too beautiful plane! Your build is really superb.

 

Congrats'

JR

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Val    2,147
14 hours ago, Simon382 said:

Very nice indeed and in the colours that make the Hog look it's meanest in my humble opinion

 

14 hours ago, Nigel Heath said:

Looks really good, very neat canopy and cockpit.

 

13 hours ago, Christer A said:

Great looking Hog!

They look the best in Euro-1 I reckon, so a good choice there!

 

6 hours ago, Gorbygould said:

Nice job - excellent work on the camo!

 

3 hours ago, F-32 said:

Very smart indeed, you don't often see the old school scheme anymore

 

1 hour ago, jean said:

Outstanding camo on a not too beautiful plane! Your build is really superb.

 

Congrats'

JR

 

Thanks guys :) appreciate your kind words!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Matt O    64

That is one mean looking hog! You have done a fantastic job with camo and weathering. Always preferred to see them in green camo then the grey. 

 

Well done.

 

 

all the best

 

matt

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Vadim    315

Absolutely brilliant! I like the colour variation and weathering is as it should be. Well done!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
doozer1974    861

Lovely job - some great little details inside those open hatches, and like others have said, the camo colours look superb.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
mcdonnell    2,913

Hello,Val - No criticism coming from me.I think you've made a splendid job of this 'A-10'. I love the quality and detail of the painting and finishing work.Your chosen scheme and markings really bring out the best (or should that be 'beast'?) of this awesome aircraft.A real 'bruiser' indeed!

😉👍 All the best,Paul.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Val    2,147
On 5/24/2017 at 5:33 AM, Matt O said:

That is one mean looking hog! You have done a fantastic job with camo and weathering. Always preferred to see them in green camo then the grey. 

 

Well done.

 

 

all the best

 

matt

 

On 5/24/2017 at 6:29 AM, Jackman said:

Really love that camo work!

 

20 hours ago, Vadim said:

Absolutely brilliant! I like the colour variation and weathering is as it should be. Well done!

 

17 hours ago, cardiff guy said:

good work well done

 

Glenn.

 

16 hours ago, SpaghettiFighter said:

I love your work with the camo, those green shades are just perfect.

 

16 hours ago, doozer1974 said:

Lovely job - some great little details inside those open hatches, and like others have said, the camo colours look superb.

 

15 hours ago, mcdonnell said:

Hello,Val - No criticism coming from me.I think you've made a splendid job of this 'A-10'. I love the quality and detail of the painting and finishing work.Your chosen scheme and markings really bring out the best (or should that be 'beast'?) of this awesome aircraft.A real 'bruiser' indeed!

😉👍 All the best,Paul.

 

Thank you everyone for all the kind words and likes, it's very much appreciated! I do love the Euro scheme too and it was great fun to paint :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


×