another Zvezda F-2

I don't have much to show yet, but just wanted to stake a claim in the GB.

This far, I have painted all of the RLM 2 parts and began gluing a few together. Here are the engine mounts/gun deck, and the fuselage chin panel with air cooler. Tamiya rlm gray with a light wash so far. Weathering still to come.

IMG_20170521_214550147_HDR.jpg

• Like 6

• 2 weeks later...

I'm not dead yet! 

Progress has been slow on this project, as admittedly, my interests have been winding to and fro. I have the cockpit components more or less completed. Just need to add the big yellow pipe thing. First some belts though. I'm going to make these from wine bottle wrapping, I think. 

For now, a pic. Looks a bit meh. 

IMG_20170601_221455447_HDR.jpg 

• Like 2

Looking good.

on my build I added the tail part inserts to the fuse halves before I closed them up. This helps minimise any step between the fuselage and the tail piece..

fitment of the wing to fuselage also benifits from careful alignment.

HTH

Plasto

• Like 1

I guess slow progress is better than no progress; right? 

I finally got the cockpit parts finished up. I cheated with the belts and modified some leftover RAF belts. Only I and the 109 experts will know. 

IMG_20170604_181259544_HDR.jpg

Used Plato's (see above) advice, and attached the tails before closing the fuselage halves. I'm glad I did, as fit has been so-so. The little BF109 behind this is the Heller BF109B (see separate thread).

IMG_20170604_183613847_HDR.jpg

The engine and mounts are just test fitted for now. The bottom of the fuselage needs to dry, and then there may be a good deal of filiing to do down there, depending on how effective my rubber bands are. 

• Like 2