Pz.kpfw.II DAK - 1/35 Tmiya

There's something about these little Pz.kpfw II's and III's that is just bigger than life.  Maybe it's because they carried the

blitz attacks for the first year or so before the Pz.kpfw IV took over the heavy lifting, just don't know.

I do know that I like this and you have done another superb job.

Lloyd

Lovely job, much better than my attempts at this tank.  Minor issue, I think that the secondary armament should be an MG 34 Panzerlauf with the shrouded barrel

Thank you. This tank actually was not on the plan. I had an idea to get just the turret and bury it into the sand on myM3 Grant diorama. But when I opened the box I look at this small, old piece of kit and decided that I am gonna build it full.

1 hour ago, Hepster said:

Minor issue, I think that the secondary armament should be an MG 34 Panzerlauf with the shrouded barrel

I am not really sure that you right in this case. I am think the MG 34 Panzerlauf been installed later. I have seen photos with Pz.kpfw.III ausf.E and Pz.kpfw.IV ausf.D with standard MG 34 mounted. Found the photo in internet with Pz.kpfw.II but slightly different version with what I am think is normal MG 34.

Panzer_2_tank_11.jpg

Source: World war photos

Edited by Kris B
Add some text

How have I missed this.  Excellent job Kris.  Cromwell put me on the your crack'n build.  I love the tracks which look a lot more realistic.  I couldn't get hold of replacement tracks as when I was looking, no one had them in-stock so I was stuck with the vinyl ones which to be honest are a bit too small.  You have done an excellent job with your tracks though and the rest of the tank I might add.

Cheers. 

Indeed, changing the tracks sometimes (especially in the old models) make a difference to look. Usually I am using the Friulmodel model metal ones, but in this one they cost more then model itself. Also I usually build the metal ones much faster then plastic. 

Ian, I think the tracks is the thing which can be probably replaced without significant damage to the model. Maybe you can think about this?