Revell 1/144 Tupolev Tu-95 "Bear D"

Hello Everyone,

I was going to add a ship into this goup build, but I couldn't find a ship I liked the look off.  I did think about the Typhoon, but ruled it out.  I was then going to get one of the Sovremenny class ships as I have been playing alot of WarGame Red Dragon the last few days, but haven't been bothered to get one yet, yeah I know I am lazy.  So looking at my stash, and I noticed I have lots of Russian things in 1/144.  I haven't seen any Bears yet, which I really find surprising!  So I thought I would join in with that, nothing fancy, just getting the bugger done OOB too.  So onto the pictures...

34643654372_06749ff876_b.jpg

I bought this a little while ago after I came back to the hobby, I'm pretty sure this was in an end of year sale for ModelZone.  I've had it stored ever since then just waiting for an excuse to build it.

33962958304_647469091a_b.jpg

Horizontal split for the fuselage, haven't seen that since the Airfix 1/72 Buccaneer I built when I was 8 I think?  Was part of a Gulf War set with the Jaguar.  Anyhow, this kit doesn't look like it has too many parts to it.  Shouldn't take too long to build.

34673539561_90c3b6032b_b.jpg

Wing tops and engine pod things... not much to see here.

33996464313_36f37077ea_b.jpg

It is really strange the part breakdown of this model... I even have the raised copyright notice on the wings, gonna have to get rid of that.

33962950704_24cf0e7ee9_b.jpg

Still not 100% sure what version to do, although I guess they are pratically the same with little changed here or there.  If I get this one done in time (which I will be shocked if I don't) I will add something else from my 1/144 collection.

More to come soon!

Kind Regards,

Dazz

• Like 2

The strange thing is, you can only built it with the wheels down. Very odd huh? I'll give it some thought tho. Don't think I have anything from the 70's that would've intercepted this. Maybe a starfighter??...

Kind Regards,

Dazz

• 1 month later...