Terrific build Andy, it's got a lovely spindly look and your colour scheme feels different without stepping outside the magic world of Star Wars.

I wish I was as daring with the contrast as you are :) It always looks so nice.

Will

• Like 1

Andy... Can you please share how you post your pics?

I have mine on Flickr and when posting a pic I copy the address link of pic but when clicking on it, it takes the viewer to the pic on Flickr. How do you get your to enlarge but stay on the Britmodeller site?

• Like 1

On 2017-5-25 at 23:14, Will Vale said:

I wish I was as daring with the contrast as you are :) It always looks so nice.

Thanks Will. There's probably a little too much contrast on this one, but I was using it as a bit of an experiment. I often end up loosing a lot of the tonal variation and modulation  in the paint while doing the weathering. I was trying to see if I could keep more of it here, while also getting some of the 'arty' look of the illustration.

1 hour ago, Vanoyen said:

Andy... Can you please share how you post your pics?

I have mine on Flickr and when posting a pic I copy the address link of pic but when clicking on it, it takes the viewer to the pic on Flickr. How do you get your to enlarge but stay on the Britmodeller si

Yes, if you just copy the address for the page the photo is on, and post that, you'll only get a link to that page. There's more than one way of posting photos from Flickr, but this is the one I use.

On the page for the shot you're using, there are five white icons on the bottom right of the photo. If you click on the forth (arrow pointing down, with a line below it), you'll get a pop up window showing a list of sizes to download that photo. At the bottom of the list is 'view all sizes'. Click on that, and it will open the photo in a new page, with all the available sizes listed across the top. By default, it opens at 1024 pixels wide, which is the size I usually post at, but you can select a different size if you want.

Right click on the image itself, and select 'copy image address'. Go back to Britmodeller and paste that link into your post. It'll appear as a link at first, but the forum software will automatically turn it into the actual image.

I do all this on my laptop browser. If you're on a tablet/phone, you'll need to do it through a browser too. I wouldn't even bother trying with the Flickr app. It's not much good for anything apart from looking at photos.

Andy

• Like 2

4 hours ago, AndyRM101 said:

There's more than one way of posting photos from Flickr, but this is the one I use.

Another option (which lets people get to your photostream on Flickr as well as see the pics) is to go to the photo page, and then:

* Click the "Share Photo" button (curved arrow in the lower right)

* Click "BBCode" if it isn't already selected.

* Pick the size you want from the drop-down menu

* Copy the text from the box

* Paste it into your post on Britmodeller

It looks like this:

[url=https://flic.kr/p/V2oguD][img=https://c1.staticflickr.com/5/4270/34802569785_a6c0deef07_c.jpg][/url][url=https://flic.kr/p/V2oguD]Bandai AT-AT[/url] by [url=https://www.flickr.com/photos/61490450@N08/]Andy Moore[/url], on Flickr

But when you click "Submit Reply" it turns into this:

34802569785_a6c0deef07_c.jpgBandai AT-AT by Andy Moore, on Flickr

If you don't like the text link it adds, you can delete everything after the first

[/url]

to the end of the line, and you'll get this:

[url=https://flic.kr/p/V2oguD][img=https://c1.staticflickr.com/5/4270/34802569785_a6c0deef07_c.jpg][/url]

Which turns into this:

34802569785_a6c0deef07_c.jpg

You can also add a newline after the first

[/url]

to put it below the photo. Note that in both versions you can click on the picture to see the Flickr page, which lets people get at the big versions if they want them.

HTH,

Will

• Like 2

21 hours ago, AndyRM101 said:

Yes, if you just copy the address for the page the photo is on, and post that, you'll only get a link to that page. There's more than one way of posting photos from Flickr, but this is the one I use.

On the page for the shot you're using, there are five white icons on the bottom right of the photo. If you click on the forth (arrow pointing down, with a line below it), you'll get a pop up window showing a list of sizes to download that photo. At the bottom of the list is 'view all sizes'. Click on that, and it will open the photo in a new page, with all the available sizes listed across the top. By default, it opens at 1024 pixels wide, which is the size I usually post at, but you can select a different size if you want.

Right click on the image itself, and select 'copy image address'. Go back to Britmodeller and paste that link into your post. It'll appear as a link at first, but the forum software will automatically turn it into the actual image.

I do all this on my laptop browser. If you're on a tablet/phone, you'll need to do it through a browser too. I wouldn't even bother trying with the Flickr app. It's not much good for anything apart from looking at photos.

Andy

Awesome, very helpful. Thank you very much :) And you as well Will Vale  cheers 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Gimme Shelter said:

this is an amazing build - how on earth do you photograph it - is it on a green screen background that you have substituted for a blank background

Thanks John. It's nothing as exotic as a green screen. Just an A1 sheet of white card. I do boost the white when I process the shots, which helps the model stand out a bit better.

Andy

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...