Chappie robots

It's a good film, if a little unusual in terms of story line.  A decent attempt at a hopeless dystopian society, but not one for the kids, as it's almost non-stop swearing from word one! :blush:   I've got to watch it again, actually as I can't remember the ending. :hmmm:

3 hours ago, Mike said:

It's a good film, if a little unusual in terms of story line.  A decent attempt at a hopeless dystopian society, but not one for the kids, as it's almost non-stop swearing from word one! :blush:   I've got to watch it again, actually as I can't remember the ending. :hmmm:

Definitely not one for the younger children in terms of language used.

re: Chappie - I did like the head with the expressive "ears" - bit like a dog.  Worked really well I thought.

I will not spoil the ending for you.  BTW - if you liked District 9, there are rumours of a sequel.

I watched a trailer for Chappie on IMDB.

The ears echo those used in Appleseed.

The big robot echoes ED 209 from Robocop.

And the film theme echoes Short Circuit.

I gave up on the remake of Pelham 123

because of the ceaseless swearing.

I can hear that at work, any time.

Aside from that, it might be a good film.

I did like District 9, BTW.

Designs were cool but the film was rats. THREEZERO made a 1/6 scale model of the titular CHAPPIE but it's long out of production. I did see a couple of garage kits kicking about a while ago (one of which was, I'm pretty sure, just a recast of the THREEZERO toy). I'll have another look.

EDIT: No joy but I did find a 3D Printable 1:1 scale model of his head here on The RPF.

• Like 1