HMAS/m AE2, Scratchbuild

That was a lovely endorsement to myself for tipping your 'likes' to a 1000, well deserved to you. :cheers:

Looks like a good party was had by the 'power tools', the chisels obviously don't know how to have a good time. How did celebrate this non-event?

Stuart

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Hey! Check this out Couageous - you also got me to 10 pages in one thread. The Mig 15 only ran to nine pages so this is another ‘Britmodeller ‘personal best’ for me! 

I miight have to celebrate by actually doing some modelling - on the other hand, laziness has been a hallmark of this thread, so there’s probably no Need.

• Haha 1

Should I worry about feeding your forum habit, I don't want this to go to your head, you'll get all dizzy and make mistakes.

I don't think laziness came into, you have reworked your workshop for a start, and now all the tools can see each other and have a good chat about what you may or may not being right.

I haven't worked with wood since my school years, a table and don't intend to relearn lost techniques. I do have a few subs that will need to be scratch built but it'll have to use other mediums besides wood, mmm.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Bandsaw Steve said:

10 pages in one thread

I think you've just learned to prevaricate in the best possible pom/BM  way

We may have to make you an honourable citizen of never never  never ever land ....

especially in light of the incredibly entertaining nightmarish scenes above

I warn you should you ask to be taken to our leader (not Mike he's the sensible one) this is what awaits you

one @Martian Hale

1-DSC_0610_zpsllvxgxkr.jpg

Now perhaps you'll behave ??

Kev

PS Congratulations on reaching your majority  :clif:

• Haha 2
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, longshanks said:

I warn you should you ask to be taken to our leader (not Mike he's the sensible one) this is what awaits you

one @Martian Hale

I would point out that it was @Mike himself that turned me into a Martian in the first place and there is growing suspicion that he  turned Andy into @general melchett  as well. Unlike chap in Monty Python and the Holy Grail who was turned into a newt by the witch, it doesn't seem to be getting any better in our cases. I should also warn the it seems to be contagious as Mrs Martian now insists on being called the Martianess.

Martian

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

There's nowt so great about turning into something. Once I was walking along the street and I turned into a bar. Boom-boom, one in a row! Every joke a Maserati! I thought this was supposed to be about teeth submarines anyway.

Best,

Jason

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Martian Hale said:

I would point out that it was @Mike himself that turned me into a Martian in the first place and there is growing suspicion that he  turned Andy into @general melchett  as well. Unlike chap in Monty Python and the Holy Grail who was turned into a newt by the witch, it doesn't seem to be getting any better in our cases. I should also warn the it seems to be contagious as Mrs Martian now insists on being called the Martianess.

Martian

Get it right Martian - you ASKED :tease: And Melchie came as is.  I had nuffink to do wiv it :shrug:

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, Mike said:

Get it right Martian - you ASKED :tease: And Melchie came as is.  I had nuffink to do wiv it :shrug:

Gat it right Mike - you decided I was the Martian, everyone took the idea up and I had to change my name by deed poll!

Martian

Edit: The search facility does not seem to go back far enough but  the following was admitted to on 5th October 2016: " Its all Mike's fault, see "Deed Poll" in the chat section of the forum."

• Like 1

Didn't I start calling you Martian while you were doing something like the Haunebu (or summit)? Everyone else started doing it too, so you asked me to change your handle. Sound about right? :hmmm:

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Mike said:

Didn't I start calling you Martian while you were doing something like the Haunebu (or summit)? Everyone else started doing it too, so you asked me to change your handle. Sound about right? :hmmm:

Thats about it. I notice that for the second year running you managed to avoid my blurglecruncheon at Telford. Mind you, I suppose I was easy to spot in time to run and hide!

Martian

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Mike said:

Were you?  I don't suppose you were the dude in the wheelchair in green face paint & antennae were you? :hmmm:

Might have been, Melchie challenged me to come as myself and then came up with some lame excuse about having the wrong uniform back from the cleaners or something. Mind you he ws forced to drink a bottle of Martian poo as a forfeit.

Martian

• Like 1

Goodness me!  A visit from Mars, ‘Mike the Mod’ and General Melchett himself! 😮.

Britmodeller has bought me fame and fortune and everything that goes with it - I thank you all. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

Sadly not a lot goes with it Steve....and if we sorry three are anything to go by then modelling really is in trouble...

Mind you he was forced to drink a bottle of Martian poo as a forfeit.

You obviously didn't see what went into your ninth bottle of Belgium beer when you weren't looking......mind you, by then I don't suppose you noticed!

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Well now, then, there!    Congrats on drawing some of us to your project more than 11 thousand times!    Quite an accomplishment especially when i get here once again to find you and your friends seem to have lost your collective minds.   :lol:

Feel like I've wandered into a Blackadder/Monty Python  convention.

I'll just get my coat and slip out this side door.

Will normal programming return one day?

Frank

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, general melchett said:

Sadly not a lot goes with it Steve....and if we sorry three are anything to go by then modelling really is in trouble...

You obviously didn't see what went into your ninth bottle of Belgium beer when you weren't looking......mind you, by then I don't suppose you noticed!

Seeing as how I was drinking for Her Majesty, I would have drunk it anyway!

2 hours ago, albergman said:

Feel like I've wandered into a Blackadder/Monty Python  convention.

I'll just get my coat and slip out this side door.

Will normal programming return one day?

Frank

Hasn't anyone told you yet? This is normal programming for Britmodeller! Just wait until we let our hair down!

Martian

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, longshanks said:

and there I was thinking this was normal

and he started it anyway

:P

Kev

Quite; neither the General, Mike or myself have ever staged a Christmas party for power tools, let alone filmed it and the subsequent hangovers. It makes us three look positively sane, well, with possible exception of Mike as he presides over the colossal box of frogs that is BM.

Martian

• Like 2
  • Haha 2