Hawker Hunter Mk I Frog 1/72

My first build after long hiatus (explained more in my Heller 109K thread) the Hawker Hunter MkI. Completed this a couple months ago, just getting around to posting it. Actually used the Eastern Star reissue, but it's the original 1959 Frog tool.

Built box stock with the exception of blanking off the intakes and I decided to give scribing recessed panel lines a go. Painted with Tamiya acrylics. Oh...I also used a piece of the sprue to carve the little bullet fairing at the back of the horizontal stabs.

Yes...that's a pilot's head molded into the solidly blanked off cockpit...and the wheel well outlines are simply scribed into the bottom...it was 1959, after all. Still, builds a nice looking model of a beautiful jet IMHO.

1/72 Frog Hawker Hunter - Original Tool1/72 Frog Hawker Hunter - Original Tool33629037976_f6a695717a_b.jpg1/72 Frog Hawker Hunter - Original Tool1/72 Frog Hawker Hunter - Original Tool1/72 Frog Hawker Hunter - Original Tool

• Like 41

Hi Lowbrow:

Congratulations for  this wonderful build!!

I like the way you have worked this one and the nice scribe you have done, and the nicely overall apeal of the model.

I still have the old NOVO decals of a squared black  and white in each side of the fuselage roundel...maybe will have a go soon with one.

I was  just looking at a NOVO kit some days ago thinking about to buy or not to buy...I was thinking the Eastern Express has a nicer and fresh decals,somaybe willneed two of them as this  one is a true Mk.1, nicely elegant and good  looking fighter.

Thank youvery much for sharing,

Cheers,

Luis Alfonso

• Like 1

Thank you everyone! This was a fun build. Luis, I'd say this about the kit decals...they work. Other than that the registration is not so hot and the colors are rather transparent and should have been printed over white.

Working on another old Frog kit from about the same time. This one has been built box stock except decals...hope to share it soon if it actually works out.

• Like 1

On 2017-5-21 at 5:37 AM, Lowbrow said:

Thank you everyone! This was a fun build. Luis, I'd say this about the kit decals...they work. Other than that the registration is not so hot and the colors are rather transparent and should have been printed over white.

Working on another old Frog kit from about the same time. This one has been built box stock except decals...hope to share it soon if it actually works out.

Hi Lowbrow: 

Will take all your advices when build mine, maybe will try the NOVO boxing, so their decals are not the very best, can work after a Microscale Liquid Decal sollution over there, and this is theversion I like to build. 

Cheers,

Luis Alfonso 

• Like 1