Getting back in the swing of things. 1/72 Bf-109K

Hi everyone. Here are some photos of the 1/72 Heller Bf-109K I finished today. It's entirely box stock. Airbrushed with Vallejo acrylics. I'm returning to the hobby after about two decades. I built cars last, my airplane days are actually closer to 30 years ago.

My eye sight has gone away so it's a bit of a struggle compared to what I remember. I'm building mostly cheap old kits from my youth while I get some semblance of a footing again. I used to be big on accuracy, detailing and scratchbuilding. Now I just like to keep it simple...enjoy the process...try to minimize my errors. Learn a couple of new tricks along the way.

A long time ago when I was a teen and in a model club, the older members used to say they built "arms length" models. I don't think I understood what that meant then. I certainly do now though!

Edit: Sorry...don't quite have this down yet...photos below

Edited by Lowbrow
  • Like 2

Hi Lowbrow:

I am fan of the 109 and have some old but wonderful Heller kits in the stash. I agree with what Steve said.

I also liked older cheaper kits, and this one looks  resplendent in the colors you have chosen. With the advent of more modern kits those have faded of sight but looking how good you have worked with this one,thik its time to get my hands over one at the least provocation.

Thank you very much for sharing!!!

Cheers,

Luis Alfonso

• Like 1

Thank you, all, for the kind comments! Yes, it's  unfortunate the decals where out of register. I chose to use them anyway for various reasons.

It's been interesting getting used to acrylics. I never used them much before but am attempting to keep it all waterbased now, though I still use lacquer thinner to clean up. They dry so quickly, which is extremely convenient for an impatient guy like myself :D

• Like 1