Thank Thud, that picture has been my referance point from the start and Im such a thick head I had forgotten that these water decals came with the RGC-80. Hand drawing decals sound very scary, your mate must have some very steady hands and yes just a bit of plastic plate.

I had another colour issue last night, the waist amour I intended to paint an earth brown but at the last minute I painted it in NATO black and I dont like it, so that is going to have to go. Once that is repainted I start the masking and filling in some details. Mock up from last night.

20170616_065319_zpslt8w96dj.jpg

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Thud4444 said:

I really like that shield. How did you do that pre shading? 

You gonna stick with the beam spray gun?

Sticking with the classic spray gun, i really like the retro look of them.

The way i painted this one, no pre shading needed, because its sun weathered i figgered that i would start of with the base colour and then add the next 2-4 light layers with progressively more white adding to the mixe, working from the outer edges in towards the centre. The shield was painted with hull red but i did add a tad of earth brown at the start and added more brown on the shield edges at the end and then a very thin black wash over the damage ready for more weathering after the decals. I have no idea if this a good way of doing things but its worked for me this time....so far.

Another naff picture but painting if finished and glossed decals next week.

20170618_165144_zps5rbdunks.jpg

Only just avoided orange peal in one or two spots. I will give it a light sand and hope the matt coat will sort it. I think it was a bit to hot and humid for the Alclds gloss i used.

Edited by rockpopandchips
  • Like 4

On 2017-6-18 at 10:47 PM, The Chief Smeg said:

Cd case for the base is a damn clever idea too

Cheers, i need to do something with it now.

.Made a start on the decals using the few that cane with the RGC-80 and an RX-78 decal sheet. What i thought would be red decals from the RX-78 are in fact pink but it turns out i like the look of them.

20170619_230937_zpsraw9cxso.jpg

• Like 4

On 2017-6-21 at 0:33 PM, Hunter Rose said:

He's looking good, nice job with the paint!

Thanks.

Decals on the shield finished so i thought i would make a start on the weathering going for a slightly heaver weathered kit than i normaly do. The white decal looks a bit bright but other than thant i think i can flatt coat this and then add some sandy dust.

20170623_195314_zpsyr4goug9.jpg

• Like 4

Bold choice leaving the EFSF symbol off the shield. It gives it a stark look, almost Zeon. The entire build looks like it's gone a few rounds with the suits from the Kimberlite base! Great work all around.  Your fast approaching completion. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Thud4444 said:

Bold choice leaving the EFSF symbol off the shield. It gives it a stark look, almost Zeon. The entire build looks like it's gone a few rounds with the suits from the Kimberlite base! Great work all around.  Your fast approaching completion. 

No EFSF symbols at all, wanted to try and do thing a little diferent than i normaly do, so lots of decals and heavy weathering and no symbols is not to drastic but a bit diferent for me.

Decals all finished.

20170624_090814_zpszwuziwxk.jpg

20170624_090715_zpsfjrwdpny.jpg

• Like 3

Fished the MS off today, not 100% happy with the weathering but i like the top the MS, its mostly the feet i dont like. I will work on the base and then come back it and see if i correct it.

20170624_182308_zpsxdbznvdu.jpg

20170624_181945_zpss9rqvezu.jpg

• Like 4

On 2017-6-25 at 10:56 PM, Will Vale said:

That's looking very cool, love the worn red-brown colour scheme.

Cheers,

Will

Cheers Will but i definitely need more weathering practice and as he stands im thinking about making a dry arid landscape, so i poured some thick plaster that i will let dry and then smash, before putting back together with the cracks showing.

20170627_194150_zpswoqoqema.jpg

14 hours ago, Hunter Rose said:

Oh wow that looks insane Brian, love the colours and the weathering, top job!

I'd go with gloss for contrast on the nameplate 

Thanks very kind of you.

On 03/07/2017 at 9:49 PM, Pete in Lincs said:

Cool.

Cheers.

Well i think i should call this one finished and charge battery for the camera.

Im very pleased with my attempt at the mono eye GM, gives him a much more menacing look, well thats what i think.....:P

2017-07-04_10-12-18

• Like 2