1/48 Ferdinand/Elefant

• 5 weeks later...

Sadly the kit only includes markings for the vehicle on the box top, one that was used in Italy, for that you have to buy the extra Zimmerit sheet from Tamiya.

My dad decided to do a Kursk vehicle, with that you don´t need Zimmerit, gonna be a yellow-green camo.

Making the tracks rusty..

DSC_0001_zpsehzl2kod.jpg

After digging deeper into the matter, my dad and I realized that the Elefants underwent some modifications between Kursk and Italy. To say with the Tamiya kit you can only build an Italy vehicle, which all seem to have Zimmerit applied. So, gonna wash off the paint and buy Tamiya´s extra Zimmerit sheet....

• 3 weeks later...
On 1.7.2017 at 11:13 AM, Reini78 said:

After digging deeper into the matter, my dad and I realized that the Elefants underwent some modifications between Kursk and Italy. To say with the Tamiya kit you can only build an Italy vehicle, which all seem to have Zimmerit applied. So, gonna wash off the paint and buy Tamiya´s extra Zimmerit sheet....

the change from Ferdinand to Elefant so to say!

Zimmerit, ball mounted MG, cupola...

what else? not too much I think!

nice work by the way!

23 minutes ago, exdraken said:

the change from Ferdinand to Elefant so to say!

Zimmerit, ball mounted MG, cupola...

what else? not too much I think!

way  more I'm afraid....

http://www.tankworkshop.com/newshop/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=14&products_id=547

This kit will convert Tamiya's 1/48th Elefant kit (32589) to a Kursk era Ferdinand. The kit consists of a newly detailed roof and engine deck superstructure, new fenders and front glacis as well as corrected tracks. This kit was mastered by Steve Faxon. 

48124_2.JPG

Pity, as I'd prefer a Ferdinand over an Elefant....

HTH

• Like 1

lower and upper hull glued together, base colour with Gunze H403 Dark Yellow applied

the Zimmerit from Tamiya doesn´t stick that good, already got loose in some places and had to glue it with CA Glue

DSC_0002_zps32iewi0n.jpg

DSC_0003_zpsszagxupn.jpg