1/72 & 1/144 - Horten Ho.229 by Zoukei-Mura - released

Homebee

After the success of its 1/32nd and 1/48th kits, Zoukei-Mura is working on a 1/72nd Horten Ho.229 kit - ref. 72-01

Release is expected in late 2017.

Source: http://www.zoukeimura.co.jp/en/sentiment/oyajiblog_093.html

Oops ~~ !! This is also amazing !!

The 1/72 scale version of the extremely popular SWS 1/32 and 1/48 "Ho 229" will join the series?
Yes, this is true!! And, in the same box you will find a "bonus" item: the 1/144 Ho 229!!
And this one… It might be a "bonus" but it is a stunning, cool and small kit. What a small Ho 229!

Dear 1/72 and 1/144 scale fans, sorry for having kept you waiting.

PI000000253496.jpg

▋See the 4 machines carrying a surprise attack on the Avro-Lancaster bomber-formation! The SWS 1/72 and 1/144 Ho 229 stand beside the 1/32 and 1/48 ones!
The day you can reproduce that dream-like scene is finally coming. Release has not been scheduled yet but we will let you have the Horten from 1/32 to 1/144 scale for real.

Dear 1/72 and 1/144 scale fans, just have a little more patience for the moment!!

Right now, the development is proceeding by this motto: "See the Horten displayed in 4 scales!!" The rumor happened to be true. Soon, that beloved Horten with its singular shape will be yours in a size that fits the palm of your hand, and you will get two models, one small and one big, at once. You'll love them!!

Of course, even in 1/72 scale, it will still be a Zoukei-mura-style kit.

Structure and armament will be reproduced with as much detail as possible in 1/72 scale! And all reproduced from the aircraft frame to the engine, the cockpit and the landing gears!!

Zoukei-mura goes so far!! This level of detail is the real climax of the kit.

However, we beg your pardon but of course there will be no internal structure in the 1/144 kit.
Maybe you wanted to build it yourself…

Anyway, feel free to expect two planes with their unique external shape, faithfully representing the mysterious beauty of the Horten.

●1/72 Horten Ho 229 (1/144 kit included in the same box)
  Release planned for "end 2017". Price to be confirmed

V.P.

MattMemory2.jpg

Edited by Homebee
  • Like 5

The Revell one limits you to the V3 prototype.  Production aircraft would have had a deeper centre section and different u/c doors.

• Like 2

On 20/05/2017 at 4:29 PM, Homebee said:

"Although it is an extra, amazingly cool little small 229 So it is!"

Wondered what Jim McDonald off Coronation Street was doing with himself nowadays...

• Like 1

6 hours ago, The Wooksta! said:

The Revell one limits you to the V3 prototype.  Production aircraft would have had a deeper centre section and different u/c doors.

'Spose that means I ought to buy one of these too then. :)

Steve.

• Like 1

Source: http://www.zoukeimura.co.jp/en/sentiment/oyajiblog_097.html

img_097b2587_en.jpg

▋Dear 1/72 scale fans, sorry for the long wait!! This is the Ho 229 currently under development and the cute 1/144 Horten. You already know the contents of the SWS Horten in 1/48 scale so I assume you don't need any explanation but this is how far Zoukei-mura went even in 1/72 scale! Moreover, the one in 1/144 scale will be a bonus!

img_097b2596.jpg

▋On the right, my favorite Mont Blanc, 13cm long; on the left, my hand. From the engine to the interior structure, Zoukei-mura's soul shines bright even in 1/72 scale.
1/32, 1/48, 1/72 and 1/144 scale, the sky of your hobby room will have a Horten fleet flying high real soon!!

img_097b2590.jpg

▋Development is proceeding with clear parts for the skin so that internal structure can be seen, even in 1/72 scale. The uniqueness and the majestic design of the Ho 229 that recently revived with the SWS kits are just outstanding.

V.P.

• Like 3

12 hours ago, LanceB said:

"Development is proceeding with clear parts for the skin"

They spelled "opaque" wrong.

Maybe because the skin isn't opaque it's translucent.

Edited by Tbolt

7 hours ago, LanceB said:

Fair enough - but it still isn't "clear".

If it was completely clear them you would see how inaccurate the details were ;)

But seriously I'm not sure why they do this maybe because you are going to have glue in there and there is ejector pin marks over the inside of the wings and frosting the plastic helps reduce how much you can see these things. I guess if you want to show all the details then don't add the wing skins.

• 1 month later...

Release expected now for 1Q 2019
Source: https://www.facebook.com/volksusascale/posts/2116746685253612

October 1 at 5:00 PM · 
[Info: SWS 1/72 and 1/144 Horten Ho 229]
The highly-anticipated 1/72 and 1/144 Horten Ho 229 will soon be released!!
I am sure that its incredible presence and craftsmanship will reserve it a place in your most treasured collection.
The fantastic moment when the 1/72 size takes its place on your shelf next to the 1/32 and 1/48 is soon approaching.
It is expected to release sometime in the first quarter of 2019! 

42642155.jpg

V.P.

On 10/4/2018 at 1:15 PM, sroubos said:

These ZM kits always look stunning but I've always wondered why I'd put so much effort into so many parts that I won't ever see again.

It is visible from certain locations. There is a massive landing gear bay that opens up into the core from the nose to the rear landing gear bays, and you can see parts of the structure from the cockpit and from the gun reloading panels. I built the Revell-Germany kit of this aircraft, and I replicated the internal structure because it would look terrible without it.

In any case, I plan to get this as well, and build it without any skin at all.

• 1 month later...
  • 6 months later...
On 10/4/2018 at 11:15 PM, sroubos said:

These ZM kits always look stunning but I've always wondered why I'd put so much effort into so many parts that I won't ever see again.

Come on! 😁 There should be something like this in the kit:

7-Android-OTG-USB-1-1-5-2-3.jpg_640x640q

!!!

😉😁😁

B.R.

Serge

• Haha 1