Silly Tiger I, Meng World of Toons Tiger I (S)

My latest critter.

Cute%20Tiger%2000-L.jpg

A pretty nice cartoon Tiger I straight out of the box but I wanted some more details so I broke out the bits & bobs.

Cute%20Tiger%2001-L.jpg

Cute%20Tiger%2002-L.jpg

Cute%20Tiger%2003-L.jpg

The kit could be built in a couple of hours but I have been adding resin and plastic bolts and other do dads most of the day.

I think I will replace the kits rubber tracks with some surplus Dragon 1/35 scale Panther track just for kicks.

This should be a hum dinger of a model to paint and weather.

Thanks for looking in on my madness.

Dan

Edited by ScanmanDan
  • Like 8

Occasionally you need to do something to release pressure of building the normal models. Are you planning to add teeth to drive wheels? 

Thank you gentlemen.

I don't have much of a plan for what I want to do with this kit. :D  I'm pretty much just making it up as I go along.  

I had originally thought to add zimmerit but abandoned that idea as a bridge too far to be fun.  As for sprocket teeth that will depend on how easily the Panther tracks adapt to the kits road wheels.  On looking over the pictures last night and consuting the spare bits I have laying about from past projects I think I will be taking the Dremel to the rear plate to make room for a 1/35 scale jack, replacing the axe, adding an fire extinguisher, jacking block and rear convoy light, plus some other carving and sharpening of details to the turret.  I still haven't figured out how to make some convincing rear deck mesh screens. Oh and I'll need some kind of base...

What happened to my simple little critter project :D

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, ScanmanDan said:

Thank you gentlemen.

I don't have much of a plan for what I want to do with this kit. :D  I'm pretty much just making it up as I go along.  

I had originally thought to add zimmerit but abandoned that idea as a bridge too far to be fun.  As for sprocket teeth that will depend on how easily the Panther tracks adapt to the kits road wheels.  On looking over the pictures last night and consuting the spare bits I have laying about from past projects I think I will be taking the Dremel to the rear plate to make room for a 1/35 scale jack, replacing the axe, adding an fire extinguisher, jacking block and rear convoy light, plus some other carving and sharpening of details to the turret.  I still haven't figured out how to make some convincing rear deck mesh screens. Oh and I'll need some kind of base...

What happened to my simple little critter project :D

forget all of that. Only extra part you need is this

Googly.jpg

• Like 2

Progress;

Cute%20Tiger%2004-L.jpg

Cute%20Tiger%2005-L.jpg

Cute%20Tiger%2006-L.jpg

That's it for the weekend :(  I have a bunch more ideas I want to throw at this cat.  Only some of them will no doubt work:lalala:.

Lots of fun so far although the Panther tracks will need a lot of 'customising" to get them to work.  The spacing between the guide horns is way too narrow, I may just end up cutting them off as that's the beauty of the cartoon world.  You get to decide what's important to the finished look, exaggerate or omit whatever you like ;) .  I have started to work on the turret bustle to make it look like a separate part and replace the lids as they are horrible on the kit.  The jack had to be shortened to fit and I'm stealing other bits from the 1/35 scale Panther as the mood strikes me.  Very much a fun piece.

Thanks for dropping in for a look.

Dan

Edited by ScanmanDan
  • Like 4

Progress;

One track finished, ( Now I know what NOT to do. )doh.gif 

Fiddled with some other stuff - blocking out the base with a bit of aluminium foil.

Cute%20Tiger%2007-L.jpg

Cute%20Tiger%2008-L.jpg

Cute%20Tiger%2009-L.jpg

Thanks for looking in.

Dan

Edited by ScanmanDan
  • Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

Progress;

Turret is mostly finished with just some few details to add.  A lot of time spent today cleaning up the second run of Panther track so that should go smoother than the first side.  With luck I could get the basic primer on soon.  I haven't decided on a grey or a yellow finish at this stage, but I'm leaning towards the grey as I haven't done one of those.

Cute%20Tiger%2010-L.jpg

Cute%20Tiger%2011-L.jpg

Thanks for stopping in for a look.

Dan

Edited by ScanmanDan
  • Like 4

Yellow would allow the extra detailing to contrast more with the basic tank but whatever you decide will be fine, this little Tiger brings a smile to my face every time I see it :penguin::penguin::penguin:

• 2 weeks later...

Yellow it shall be.  Maybe with some big red numbers! :D

Progress;

Cute%20Tiger%2012-L.jpg

Cute%20Tiger%2013-L.jpg

Cute%20Tiger%2014-L.jpg

Base is coming along and I've got the other track on ( Finally :doh: )  I want to scratch up an AA MG mount for the cupola in brass wire and bits and then use a cut down 1/35 scale MG34.  I notice that I need to drill out some sights and work on the coax MG mount.  Almost ready to paint,

Thanks for all the great comments as they keep me smiling.  Nice to think others like these little guys.

I hope you like where this is going.

Dan

Edited by ScanmanDan
  • Like 4

8 hours ago, ScanmanDan said:

I hope you like where this is going.

I love where you're going with it. All the extra detailing really adds to the character.

I've got the Tiger II and KV on the way, and seeing the extra work you've done here will be a real inspiration when I get started on them.

Andy

• Like 1

I must have rocks in my head. :whistle: 

Cute%20Tiger%2015-L.jpg

Cute%20Tiger%2016-L.jpg

Cute%20Tiger%2017-L.jpg

Just a buch of bark mulch held together with plumbers epoxy putty smothered in some ground texture and a lot of paint , washes and swearing :)

Now to add the vegetation and some soil.

Andy - So pleased you like my efforts as I'm constantly inspired but your models.  You have made my day :D

Blaubar -  Glad you like it, I hope that it all comes together in the end.

Dan

Edited by ScanmanDan
  • Like 1

Glad you like my little efforts Dave :D

Only had time today to add some pastel chalk ground colour but I'm pretty happy with the results, in fact I don't think I'll add any vegetation to this base and leave it stony ground.  What do you think?

Cute%20Tiger%2018.jpg

Cute%20Tiger%2019.jpg

Thanks for looking.

Dan

• Like 3

Progress, ready for primer then paint :D ;

Cute%20Tiger%2020-L.jpg

Cute%20Tiger%2021-L.jpg

Cute%20Tiger%2022-L.jpg

Cute%20Tiger%2023-L.jpg

So much more I coulda , shoulda done but I'll save that for next time.  But all I want now is to get to the fun part, painting!  I tried out the bolt in the belly trick to make a painting stand and I'll see if I like the results .

Thanks for dropping in for a look.

Dan

Edited by ScanmanDan
  • Like 2