Replacement tracks for Tmaiya 1/35 cromwell?

sapperastro

Hi All,

Just had a small disaster. One of my sons has messed about with one of my old dioramas, and has inadvertently broken the tracks on the Cromwell. Now, these tracks were vinyl stretchy tracks, but these, even though painted, have over the years gone stiff and VERY brittle. They just snap off with a touch. So, I had a very brief look for replacment tracks (nothing fancy like the $60 metal tracks...) and have come up trumps.

So, does anyone know where I can find some tracks (preferably link n length, or something easy to throw on) to fit a Tamiya cromwell, without having to buy a new kit?

ps; very odd about these tracks. I have much older kits from Tamiya with the vinyl tracks and they haven't gone brittle at all, just kits around the vintage of the Cromwell (I got the Cromwell virtually on its original release in Aus).

HobbyBoss do a plastic set of individual links.  I find the AA sets hard to work with, bending the lengths to shape in hot water.  I know others like them.

The HobbyBoss set is widely available from all the usual suspects.  This is the cheapest set on eBay currently: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1-35-Cromwell-Tank-Tracks-Hobbyboss-Plastic-Model-Kit-Miniature-Military-Army-/131975714219?hash=item1eba5d95ab:g:XeIAAOSw8w1YB1YJ

3 hours ago, Das Abteilung said:

HobbyBoss do a plastic set of individual links.  I find the AA sets hard to work with, bending the lengths to shape in hot water.  I know others like them.

It's easier to use a hairdryer, I find.