I doubt whether you've gone wrong at all John. You're just saying that to make us feel better. :lol:

Tony

Ps. I like the 'widescreen' picture format you use for some of your posts, it's very sympathetic  to  the longitudinal nature of the subject.

• Like 1

Thanks Tony kind of you to say, time will tell if your faith in my kit bashing "skills" are well founded or not :) As for the "wide screen shot" again you flatter me, I just crop the shot, I'm sure you don't need to see the old kitchen worktop, or, yes you're right I'm the Steven Spielberg of Brtitmodller not!! :)

John    

Edited by canberra kid

Another Canberra from the master of everything Canberra !  I'm in for this one any room at the back ? :worthy:

This is something else John great work and did I see you mention a Nimrod???

Guy

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Des said:

Don't know what is happening  but there's a problem trying to post as I'm F4u not Des

Guy

See the note at the top of the page regarding the DDoS attack.

Ian

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Des said:

Another Canberra from the master of everything Canberra !  I'm in for this one any room at the back ? :worthy:

This is something else John great work and did I see you mention a Nimrod???

Guy

Thanks Dug, you're more than welcome, there is a seat reserved for Guy, you can use that! :) I'm on with the Nimrod too, it's bubbling away in the background.

John 

Everything sorted thanks.

Guy

• Like 1

I've not had much time again today, so all I've done is added the rain channel above the flair bay doors, made from stretched sprue. I've also given her a waft over with the grey primer and it's not looking too bad.

15_zps7gfybzss.jpg

16_zpsshpqfqtl.jpg

John   

• Like 6

Coming along nicely John looking good , PM sent .

Guy

• Like 1

Each detail is telling John. And now I know the Canberra had a rain channel.:D

Ps. Not having heard of such a feature before, I'm presuming it was to stop rainwater getting in somewhere sensitive?

Tony

The crew wardrobe.

Where they kept their flairs.

(Damned predictive texas again, eh?)

On ‎6‎/‎11‎/‎2017 at 7:30 PM, canberra kid said:

channel above the flair bay doors

Nice work so far, john.

Keep them coming.

• Like 3

14 hours ago, Pete in Lincs said:

The crew wardrobe.

Where they kept their flairs.

This might only apply to the Navy Target Tug planes. I don't think the RAF wore flairs.

But then, if they were Navy, they wouldn't need a wardrobe - they'd just stuff their trousers in a duffle bag.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Ok, I'm back in the saddle, after so non volatery DIY :) first job up is a bit of filling, I've added some filler to the top edge of the rain channel to fair it in to the fuselage, also the unwanted lines on the flair bay doors. 

18_zpsmq8exxi9.jpg

John   

• Like 1

Thanks Bill, this is just filling time until I grasp the nettle of my 1/48 RB.57D build. I have decided the colour scheme, it took some doing, I wanted something diferant, WE146 fit the bill nicely, she spend most of her life on R&D work ending up as the only SD.1 Stiletto launch aircraft, 

78%20C%20PR3%20WE146_zpswqn0vzef.jpg

Nice as she looks here, I'm not doing her in this guse, I'm going for what I hope is a more eye catching earlier scheme which will be revealed at the end of the build :)

John          

• Like 3

A bit of rubbing down, not looking too bad will still need a bit more, doesn't it always! I've also given my old can of Tater Mirage Blue a try out and it still works and it does, Mirage blue is one of the Halford special mix car colours and is a good match for PRU blue.

19_zpsd9ck05rs.jpg

John  

Edited by canberra kid
Missing info
  • Like 2

23 hours ago, Head in the clouds. said:

God dammit John, just as I thought my list for R&D airframes was complete you throw another into the mix, where will I find the time?

Lovely work as ever and very informative.

Sorry mate, but you should know better than to think you have any Canberra nailed down, let alone R&D! :)

John

• Like 1

I've done a bit more work on the wings over the weekend, but I've also come to a decision, this build is going into hibernation for a while, I need  to get on with another build which I hope to get done for this years Scale Model World at Telford. I'm going to start a 1/48 RB.57D-C I'll be using the CA B.57 as the base but it will also need a lot of scratch building, that's why I'm giving myself plenty of time. 

John