Replacement prop for KP S-199?

John

I have a KP CS-199 in the stash from many moons ago and on looking it over the other day the prop is broken. 

I imagine the kit would probably benefit from a replacement anyway, and I'd be interested to know if there are any out there? 

TIA 

John 

Hello, John

There are replacement VS-11 propeller sets (SBS Model, Aires), which come with spinners, too. These are, however, narrow (or narrower) chord versions, while VH-211 (Czech designation) was of typical late paddle blade type. Fw 190 D-9 propeller would come close, but would still needed a rework. Cheers

Jure

I agree with Jure that whilst the Fw 190D prop is the way to go, it may need a minor rework.  I have built Fw 190Ds in 1/72 by at least five makes, and they all seemed to have slightly different interpretations of the prop, an needed minor rework just to meet their intended purpose in some cases.  For example, I think the Academy props had pointy tips...

Also, Pavla do a set of replacement blades for the Fw 190D-9 and D-11, that is two sets of blades and two spinners.

Also IIRC,an old Airfix mag article converting an Me 109G into a Mule used a prop and spinner from a Ju 87G, but I guess accuracy standards were a bit lower back then (1960s).