1/72 TF-86 Sabre Trainer

Hi Folks.

Here is my interpretation of a 1/72 TF-86 Sabre Trainer, build here: http://www.britmodeller.com/forums/index.php?/topic/235003834-172-tf-86f-sabre-trainer/

This build consisted of the Falcon Vacuform Conversion that uses the Heller Sabre as the donor but I also used the Hobbycraft kit for mainly the wings which had to be converted back. Painted using Humbrol Metalcote. Kit decals were used but serials had to be DIY as none exist in this scale.

Came out better than I thought after a few setbacks and their is always room for improvement.

20170519_210401.jpg

20170519_210419.jpg

20170519_210502.jpg

Hope you like.

Stuart

• Like 33

Seen the conversion set, seen the photos of the real thing but never seen one built. Pleased yours was the first as it's a great build, lovely work indeed! And aren't those Falcon canopies beautiful!?!

ATB
Rick

1 hour ago, Spad said:

Seen the conversion set, seen the photos of the real thing but never seen one built. Pleased yours was the first as it's a great build, lovely work indeed! And aren't those Falcon canopies beautiful!?!

ATB
Rick

The Falcon vacuform, including the canopy was a pleasure to work with...no problems. The only thing I have heard is that the canopies may 'yellow' after a time?

Stuart

1 hour ago, Spad said:

ATB
Rick

The Falcon vacuform, including the canopy was a pleasure to work with...no problems. The only thing I have heard is that the canopies may 'yellow' after a time?

Stuart

2 hours ago, Courageous said:

The only thing I have heard is that the canopies may 'yellow' after a time?

Hmm. That's interesting/concerning.

I do have a number of canopy sets "in store", some up to 30 years old and none seem to have yellowed yet....I need to go check now! :D

I have never heard of Falcon canopies yellowing, its all about the right sort of clear plastic to begin with. Some of the European short run manufacturers had issues early on I believe.

Steve.

• Like 1