1/144 - Lockheed C-5B & M (Super) Galaxy by Roden - C-5B & C-5M released - upgrade sets by Metallic Details

Homebee

Nice to see a Galaxy but the problem is Roden can be a bit rough.   I still find it annoying they put a nasty sprue attachment on the nose of the Globemaster.   Hard to disguise it especially if you're doing a bare metal scheme.

• Like 1

Separate flaps and slats... Nice touch!  Parking C-5's Flaps and slats are left deployed most of the time I see them. 

Edit: I am curious how rather unusual looking of landing gears, gear doors and wheel well structures of the real thing are replicated into plastic. I used to improve/rebuild/scratchbuild undercarriage system on my Otaki kit... a bit pain especially complex arrangement of C-5 main gear doors.

Edited by Teeradej

From S&M - the What if!

Source: http://sandmmodels.co.uk/misc-news/british-c-5a-galaxy-decals/

British C-5A Galaxy Decals

S&M Models is very please to announce 1/144 Scale Decals for the British C-5A Galaxy

As ‘almost’ ordered for the Air Force.

Based on pictures of publicity models (see ‘On Atlas’ Shoulders – Chris Gibson) they are Printed for us by ‘DRAW Decal’ in the USA.

The Decals are fitted for the Revell/OTAKI C-5A kit but may fit the new Roden item.

They will be with us at show from 10/6′

V.P.

8 hours ago, ICMF said:

Yikes.  That's pretty terrible.

I agree.Not brilliant but, It's the contents that matter!! I'll have a couple of these for sure if it's reasonably priced. Have to do something about that yucky, boring pverall grey colour scheme though.........^_^.

Allan

Edited by Albeback52

• 2 weeks later...
On 08/07/2017 at 10:02 AM, Albeback52 said:

I agree.Not brilliant but, It's the contents that matter!! I'll have a couple of these for sure if it's reasonably priced. Have to do something about that yucky, boring pverall grey colour scheme though.........^_^.

Allan

Now listed on Hannants' Website for advance order - not sure if the price could be described as "reasonable" though.

• Like 1