1/144 - Lockheed C-5B & M (Super) Galaxy by Roden - C-5B & C-5M released - upgrade sets by Metallic Details

Homebee

When i was involved in the HK B25 project Boeing demanded 16% of the turnover (not the profit!) as royalties

That was also a problem with some Revell airliners in special schemes. Not only royalties to the constructor but also to te airline for use of the logo's and even to Haribo for the special Colours in which the model was to be released. That all in effect was more than Revell was able to pay and that specific kit never kit the shelves. Some airlines btw outright forbid the use of their liveries on models and harras everyone selling aftermarket decals of their planes  for these models (we name Cathay Pacific, Easyjet (notorious!!), Air France etc...  ) Just some food for thought 

18 hours ago, Branky said:

When i was involved in the HK B25 project Boeing demanded 16% of the turnover (not the profit!) as royalties

That was also a problem with some Revell airliners in special schemes. Not only royalties to the constructor but also to te airline for use of the logo's and even to Haribo for the special Colours in which the model was to be released. That all in effect was more than Revell was able to pay and that specific kit never kit the shelves. Some airlines btw outright forbid the use of their liveries on models and harras everyone selling aftermarket decals of their planes  for these models (we name Cathay Pacific, Easyjet (notorious!!), Air France etc...  ) Just some food for thought 

Wow, 16% for an aircraft they didn’t even build.

• 2 months later...
  • 4 months later...

"Only" $99 this time (£76). Well, that's a big difference from the C-5B! Listed at the big H for "only" £89.99 (down from £99.99). Still way too rich for me unfortunately. 🤔. A welcome release nonetheless.

Allan

14 hours ago, Homebee said:

I saw these on FB yesterday. They look tasty.

56 minutes ago, Albeback52 said:

"Only" $99 this time (£76). Well, that's a big difference from the C-5B! Listed at the big H for "only" £89.99 (down from £99.99). Still way too rich for me unfortunately. 🤔. A welcome release nonetheless.

Allan

No comment on the price. I have moaned enough about it. 

I recently spoke to a guy in a shop about them after seeing one on the shelf. We don't sell many of those was the reply. Shame. 

You know you wouldn't want to build it OOB either. Add these engines and some Caracal decals. $$$$$$ ££££££

5 hours ago, snapper_city said:

I saw these on FB yesterday. They look tasty.

No comment on the price. I have moaned enough about it. 

I recently spoke to a guy in a shop about them after seeing one on the shelf. We don't sell many of those was the reply. Shame. 

You know you wouldn't want to build it OOB either. Add these engines and some Caracal decals. $$$$$$ ££££££

:lol:. Actually, I WOULD build it OOB but then, I do that for all my builds!!:lol:. It (the C-5B)  seems to be a decent enough kit and I'm not bothered about accuracy or otherwise. However, it's all moot as it's completely unaffordable and, not (in my view) worth the money - even at the "reduced" price! Down to the individual of course. I can echo the comment made by the shopkeeper you mention. My local model emporium has a number of C-5B kits gathering dust at the moment. Not a good seller apparently. They are at the original rrp of £120. The C-5M is at the "reduced" rrp of £99.99. Cannot see them selling too many either. It is a shame as you say. 

Allan

Those look great if I could afford a C-5 I’d consider a set but I’m saving for the C-133 which seems MIA, I’ve been checking Roden’s site for news & messaged them but heard nothing I’m hoping that all the talk of the C-5 kits big price hasn’t given Roden second thoughts about releasing a 1/144 C-133 kit,

5 hours ago, 6thCCU said:

Those look great if I could afford a C-5 I’d consider a set but I’m saving for the C-133 which seems MIA, I’ve been checking Roden’s site for news & messaged them but heard nothing I’m hoping that all the talk of the C-5 kits big price hasn’t given Roden second thoughts about releasing a 1/144 C-133 kit,

Me too. I have not heard anything about it for months. 

• 5 months later...
  • 9 months later...
  • 3 months later...