Twin spitfire build

Here we go on this year's second project and my first WIP outside of a group build. Just to keep things easy for myself I'm going for two at once. I picked up the spitfire/messerschmit 110 dogfight double cheap in a sale a couple of years ago before I realised I already had the same spitfire in 1/48. However, just after the new year I saw the mk1/mk2a kit on sale and realised I could just do both using the decals and bits from both. Besides, when are there ever enough spitfires? 

DSC_0714_zpsdh1syl0p.jpg

Love that box art. Hate doing the split black/white underside though. 

DSC_0713_zpscc33mwrw_edit_1495137722625_

The all important raw materials. Identical kits with the all important extra sprue on the end and the differing canopies up top.

If we've not met, hello and welcome in, just be aware I'm not a big accuracy guy, this is all for fun for me. This won't be big on new or clever techniques though tips and tricks are always welcome. I've discovered if I do a WIP I tend to go along at a better pace.

This weekend we break plastic! Though hopefully not literally. 

• Like 2

Drill out the female locator ports on the starboard fuselage half for a better fit and I'd advise attaching the lower wing to the completed fuselage before attaching the upper wing halves.  You'll also need to take off the locator pins on the wing lower surface near the wheel bays.  In addition, sand the rear of the canopy glazing back a fraction, otherwise it's just too tight to fit properly.  Apart from that, it's a cracking kit.

• Like 1

Off and running though not as quickly as I hoped. Interiors have had a few coats of green, I've picked out a few details in black and it's had a dry brush over the top of aluminium. The decals are on the instrument panels. Lost a control column to the carpet monster, the one at the new desk is voracious. 

DSC_0715_zpsc1np68yr.jpg

DSC_0717_zpsoia6cxsv.jpg

DSC_0719_zpselgbatol.jpg

DSC_0720_zps2js13fhb.jpg

Time to start properly building. Should have a couple of things what look like spitfires next time. 

• Like 1