1/48 F-16D Arctic Scheme

I started this one in 2014 before it took a seat on the shelf of doom. Decided it was time to finish it. Hasegawa kit, TwoBobs decals and home made seatbelts. Painted with Tamiya, Humbrol and Mr Hobby acrylic. Excuse the lighting in the following pics - daylight and my orange cooker hood light were duking it out

IKsvR2.jpg

IKsxJQ.jpg

IKsb3x.jpg

IKsrUN.jpg

IKsFvm.jpg

IKsj8q.jpg

IKsldd.jpg

Now for some gratuitous Dad stuff... My favourite part of the build - while I was tinkering, my 7yr old daughter was sitting on the other side of laptop drawing this for me. Pretty much spot on I'd say! I think there's another aviation nut developing :)

IKsSSD.jpg

Thanks for looking.

Edited by Avgas
  • Like 38

I've seen decal instruction sheets that are less clear than that drawing!  And I have a very strong resistance to the F-16 (probably never forgave it for killing the F-20), but that's one scheme that almost makes me want to make an exception.  Lovely build, from what I can see- and the more so for escaping the shelf of doom.

• Like 1

Mph...urg...Hmph...! This is a cracking job of work, and it is actually helping me with a knotty deliberation.

The Hasegawa D I was planning to morph into a Sufa with numerous IsraCast bits (among others) was starting to look like more of a career than a modelling project; I found the 2-hole Arctic Bandit on one of my Two Bobs sheets and got to wondering...especially as it would free up a Tamiya single-seater for something else...

Enough to say that the outcome of this fine build is a hefty push in that direction!

• Like 2

@dolphin38, do it!

@AngstROM , I seem to remember a thread from years ago about the Isracast Sufa conversion and how much work is needed. Must've been a slog if it left an impression like that. This build, more or less straight from the box, was a breeze by comparison! What's more, as you say, you don't 'waste' a good kit. No brainer in my opinion :D

@Habu12 , Yea, that.. I discovered this once I'd painted them and decided not to bother. Besides, who'd notice something like that, hidden away under the wing ^_^ .

Thanks for the comments all!

• Like 1

12 hours ago, phildagreek said:

Looks good, neatly done. The model's ok too!

I've just told her and you earned yourself a beaming smile and a thank you!