Mr Moto Cross -- Revell 1/12th scale Husqvarna

Seeing the amazing quality of the finishes of the models on this forum, I hardly dare to post mine. However, I think they might be unique in subject.

revell12thscalehusky2017-05-22_13web.jpg Click for larger image

Full article on my web site

The Revell 1/12th scale Husqvarna 400cc motocross bike of the late 1960s or early ‘70s is far better engineered than the Suzuki kit of the same period and is perfectly good built ‘out of the box’ with no changes. Its only inaccuracy is it that it has trials tyres — with their squarer cross section and finer tread pattern — rather than motocross ‘knobblies’. I used the motocross rear tyre that came with the Revell Suzuki. (My Suzuki -- see link below -- uses an even better rear tyre from the Tamiya Honda CR450R that I sacrificed for its parts. I cannot now figure out from where I obtained the front MX tyre on the Husky.)

The bike is 6.5 inches long, nose to tail.

revell12thscalehuskytools2017-05-17_83we Click for larger image
Try these tools for size

My previous post here: Motocross in miniature: Building Joël Robert’s Suzuki motocross bike in 1/12th scale

Edited by Lootenant Aloominum
Replaced main photo with different one again & link to larger images
  • Like 1

Wow impressive ! Really like the riders, bringing the whole model to life :goodjob:  Nice informative website you have detailing the build as well .

BillyD

Oh well! Wonderful machines (and riders), wonderfully modelled. They are really strikingly animated and capture 'The Filth and the Fury' perfectly. I can smell the 2-stroke oil! :yahoo:

(And I think Steve McQueen would approve of the Huskie.)

Edited by AngstROM
Name dropping!

On 5/22/2017 at 11:21 PM, AngstROM said:

(And I think Steve McQueen would approve of the Huskie.)

I hope so. I have a few screenshots from On Any Sunday of McQueen, who for those that don't know was a top motocross rider (usually under an assumed name) as well as an actor, of Malcolm Smith (U.S. champion on Husqvarna) and even world champion Joel Robert passing close by the camera on his Suzuki (of which I also built a model).

However, for the 'reality' pic, I went for the Torsten Hallman book cover, which is of better resolution than the digitized 1970 Bruce Brown film On Any Sunday.

Edited by Lootenant Aloominum
Grammar
  • Like 1