French Spitfire Mk IX

Not only is it nice to see something different it is also an altogether lovely piece of work. I particularly like the subtle weathering which really adds to it. Your photography shows it off really well too. Great job! 

2 hours ago, Latinbear said:

Not only is it nice to see something different it is also an altogether lovely piece of work. I particularly like the subtle weathering which really adds to it. Your photography shows it off really well too. Great job! 

Thanks very much.

Cheers

Randy

• Like 1

Very realistic  looking Spit!. Could you provide some info on real stuff, please? - what unit, what time?

Cheers

J-W

P.S.

Some important detail - the angles in u/c. Here are I think perfect. Sometimes people do not care about it...

14 hours ago, JWM said:

Very realistic  looking Spit!. Could you provide some info on real stuff, please? - what unit, what time?

Cheers

J-W

P.S.

Some important detail - the angles in u/c. Here are I think perfect. Sometimes people do not care about it...

Thanks much.

According to the Hussar instructions, this Spit is from Groupe de reconnaissance 2/33 “Savoy”, while based at Dijon-Longvic, France in December 1944. 

Cheers

Randy

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Horatio Gruntfuttock said:

Stunning job Randy, and it just goes to show that when markings are painted on as well as you have here, then they look,well, painted on like the real thing! A very very nice job on an interesting scheme.

Thank you very much.

While taking a bit of time because of the many colours, it was not too difficult to actually paint the markings.

Cheers

Randy 

1 hour ago, Randy Lutz said:

According to the Hussar instructions, this Spit is from Groupe de reconnaissance 2/33 “Savoy”, while based at Dijon-Longvic, France in December 1944. 

That is interesting! - apparently the memory in wartime was short since only a few years before a yellow tail was sign for Vichy AF in Syria. So one can expected a kind of taboo on this sign...apparently-not here!

Cheers

J-W

1 hour ago, JWM said:

That is interesting! - apparently the memory in wartime was short since only a few years before a yellow tail was sign for Vichy AF in Syria. So one can expected a kind of taboo on this sign...apparently-not here!

Cheers

J-W

I had the same thought when painting the model.

Oh well.

Cheers

Randy

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Darby said:

Very nice indeed old bean. To me, French markings just look really good on a Spitfire.

Thank you sir.

To my eye, French markings look good on anything.

Cheers

Randy

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Lowbrow said:

That's beautiful. I think I'll look into if these decals are offered in 1/72 scale.

Thanks much.

I don't know if these markings are available in 1/72.  Good luck in your search.

Cheers

Randy