German Signage

Nutsabout

Probably not realistic but I'm making a diorama for my SAS Jeep and want to have a "Keep Out" sign.

What would a Nazi "Keep Out" sign read? My best Google translate came up with EINTRETEN VERBOTEN.

I'm hoping a German speaker may be able to confirm.

Many thanks

Ian..  

More likely 'Eintritt verboten' or 'Betreten verboten.' Both are common usage.

Cheers

--edited--

You didn't give a context. 'Betreten verboten' would be closer to a general 'Keep out!' 'Eintritt verboten' would be closer to 'No admittance' or 'No entry.'

Edited by thorfinn
clarification
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, thorfinn said:

More likely 'Eintritt verboten' or 'Betreten verboten.' Both are common usage.

Cheers

--edited--

You didn't give a context. 'Betreten verboten' would be closer to a general 'Keep out!' 'Eintritt verboten' would be closer to 'No admittance' or 'No entry.'

Thanks Thorfinn.

The context is an SAS jeep storming an Airfield in Tunisia  (sounds way more exiting than my Dio :( )

I'm sure their airfields wouldn't have been encircled by a barb wire fence but mine will be, I envisaged a military sign saying "keep out" Possibly with a Luftwaffe logo above, but rather than fixing it to a fence post I fancied having it being driven over by the jeep.

A plain dessert sand base just didn't excite me.

Ian.. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, dcrfan said:

That sign will keep German speakers out.  Are they the target audience?

Your right dcrfan, I did say it probably wasn't realistic and suspect if any sign did exist it would have an Arabic translation, but thought trying to write that would be a bit beyond me.   

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Nutsabout said:

Your right dcrfan, I did say it probably wasn't realistic and suspect if any sign did exist it would have an Arabic translation, but thought trying to write that would be a bit beyond me.   

When it comes to signs, use translate then enter the text into search box and select images. You're almost certain to find a suitable image.... save, then reduce to required size and print.

Rearguards,

Badder