Two Breguet 19 from a single Hit-kit kit ( now Flickr!)

Rob, many thanks!

That is the problem - the navy light are almost always (if not always) but I do not know which engines had electric generator build-in and when wind generator was installed (or removed later). Interesting materials. What is the book your scan comes from? Looks very informative. 

The Sphinx one is nice since zero MG soleves question if it is single or double? :)

Greeting from Krakow to Southampton. My older daughter moved there four months ago.

Best regards

J-W

"World's Greatest Aircraft".

Quite an old book, but a great choice of planes.

Most history books focus on pioneers, WW1, WW2, cold war - that's it!

And all about UK, US, and German.

I look through book after book and no mention of French, Italian, Chinese, Canadian, Dutch, Polish- builders or fliers .

And NEVER mention the Spanish or the Civil War!

• Like 1

On 19.06.2017 at 0:13 PM, rob Lyttle said:

look through book after book and no mention of French, Italian, Chinese, Canadian, Dutch, Polish- builders or fliers .

And NEVER mention the Spanish or the Civil War!

That is really unfair and sad. Especially if you think about all those French pioneers - and all other countries as well of course.

Back to Breguet. 

Look at this side view

breg DSC05926

I realized that it stands to much up. Breguet XIX is more belly sitter.

Not wanting to broke all u/c I decided for direct cuts.

First on one leg

breg DSC05928

I removed about 2 mm, but when I started to work on another I  realized that all angles were destroyed and had to broke everything apart. When I did it I was to nervous to make photo.

Here is again glued, small aligment were still needed

breg DSC05929

As you see one riging wire was broken, one more (on left) lost tension. I had to sand glueing sites and repair riging.

I painted dark green spots. I wonder if my dark green is not too much dark, bat I think that this type of camo is for Spanish "dehesa" landscape - a kind of savanna-like landscape with dry grass and dark green trees (almond or cork oak) standing one from another a bit separately, like here:

m_foto_2_dehesa.jpgZnalezione obrazy dla zapytania dehesa

Znalezione obrazy dla zapytania dehesa

Sides coated with gloss varnish as base for decals:

breg DSC05932breg DSC05931breg DSC05933

Then, about 7 PM I went to nearby lake for a swiming, it was +28 C in the evening today in Krakow.

When I came back I applied decals using Print Scale "Spanish Civil War Part1" , some black belts from Lockheed L-10 SH kit and tail crosses from also Print Scale set for He 51.

breg DSC05939

breg DSC05940

Not too much left here to finish... I am thinking on bombs. Cooler is not installed and skid and MG are not detailed enough.

I hope it is obvious that no she sits more on belly. My mistake was that one have to drill out openings for wheel axis in legs and I glued axis below legs as is suggested in instruction...

To be continued

Cheers

J-W

Edited by JWM
Switch to Flickr
  • Like 4

The CASA Breguet A2 is ready. I am posting her today on RFI forum

breguet 19 DSC05951

The work on 19.8 goes on...

The RFI is here

To be continued

Cheers

J-W

Edited by JWM
added link to RFI, switch to Flickr
  • Like 3

Rob, Steeve and Mitch - many thanks :)

I am continouing work on RYAF Breguet 19.8. Some posts above there is a photo of right side before cockpit containing gunsight, Venturi nozzle and MG.  I did this:

breg 198 DSC05979breg 198 DSC05974

It required some pre-paintings - then it will be unavailable to access. 

breg 198 DSC05976

Analysing photos it appered that there are differecies in exjaust pipes between proptotype and serial machines. I started to change it

bre 198 DSC05985

The inlet above cowling has to be "sculptured"

breg 198 DSC05977

to be cont.

Cheers

J-W

Edited by JWM
Switch to Flickr
  • Like 3

41 minutes ago, rob Lyttle said:

You've probably told us already, but who is RYAF??

Radial version is shaping up nicely.

Rob, many thanks :)  -

RYAF is Royal Yugoslavian Air Forces. This version (19.8) was produced in series of 48 machines in Yugoslavia exclusively for RYAF, leter, after April War in 1941 and collaps of Kingdom of Yugoslavia some (many?) of those machines were impossed to army of Independent State of Croatia (nice name of this state in Serbo-Croatian : Zrakoplovstvo Nezavisne Države Hrvatske, ZNDH :) and some perhaps survived war and were then in use by Republic of Yugoslavia after WWII. I was temptated by this Croatian markings but finally decided to do her in RYAF colours from April War (defend against invasion of Germans) , 1941. 

Cheers

J-W

• Like 4

This is a nice version J-W. You're doing a very good and thorough job on it.

You have some very nice reference pictures there; is the cowling going to be a bronze colour? It looks like it in the colour photo.

I don't understand why we don't have a modern IM kit of this series of aircraft :confused:.

Great modelling :thumbsup2: 

TonyT

PS: Will the undercarriage legs need cutting down on this one too? Thought I would mention it just in case :winkgrin:!

• Like 1

Many thanks, Gents.

Tony, thank you for your P.S. - of course but do not worry about u/c legs. I was aware just in time to cut it before glueing the axis :). But the legs were already glued and I was working on the scratch copy of axis.  But in fact the most proper way is to drill it out and to put axe inside, what effectively shortering it also. 

I still do hope that some modern mould of it will appear. The spare engines from Hit-kit would be useful then to make conversions for some variants not covered by producer, i hope. If it would appear I think I will do next one with Hispano-Suiza engine (either Spanish Republikan or Greek) and Bristol Jupiter (this is not among spare by Hit kit but anyway - I have even decals by Lift Here for that one in colours of Yugoslav partisan :) - which were by side of partisan Fi-167... ) . Some options still left!

The photo is BW - the bronze hue is from scan which was not set to BW, so some false colours appeared. The colour profiles for this machine shows cowling in bare metal (aluminum, i guess).

Cheers

J-W

• Like 1

Rob, thank you for this text and profile. It gives much more details than what I knew about Yugoslav and later Croatian Bregs 19 before.

I have progress so I am going to post some new photos today...

Cheers

J-W

• Like 1

Following Rob's info on col. A. Popov's escape on Breguet 19 I googled a bit and found in available in net part of book "Croatian Aces" issued by Osprey

http://i1368.photobucket.com/albums/ag163/jwmszczot/croat acesDSC05988_zpsdkapus1o.jpg

info of his tragic and very complex fate, soon after his heroic escape he was KIA on  Spitfire of Sq. 352.

So we have here a British connection - to 352 Squadron RAF and that maybe for short time ex-RYAF aand then ex-Croatian Breguet 19.8 was impossed to RAF!

In net there are available photos of col. Popov and profile of his Spit mk VC

Going back to my Breg 19.8

I was working a bit on exhaust pipes and inlets.

bre198%20DSC05984_zpsw6ubcmis.jpg

I started also to check the position of upper wing

I made main wing struts

bre 198 DSC05981bre 198 DSC05982

To be corrected still a bit...

I'll be back :)

J-W

Edited by JWM
Switch to Flickr
  • Like 1

And I am back...

I did some painting (first of planned two) layer on lower wings and most of fuselage

breg 19 DSC05991breg 19 DSC05990

And to end day with some major step - I glued top wing on position

breg 19 DSC05995breg 19 DSC05993breg 19 DSC05992

Check of aligment:

breg 19 DSC05994breg 19 DSC05996

Please note that Breguet 19.8 had additional small struts around central pylons.

Since I've got 0.3 mm drill (and I use it here) I have to pre-position some riging cables in upper wing.

I'll be back again but not today I think...

Cheers

J-W

Edited by JWM
Switch to Flickr

SORRY - the photobucket introduced new rules for hosting photos linked to third party (in this case Britmodeller). If I understand correctly their new rules it requires 400 USD per year to unblock.

I say pass... Sorry. I have to find other way

Regards and thank you for watching

Jerzy-Wojtek

• Like 1

It took me some 2 hours to reconstruct this thread and that on  Breg 19 A2 at RFI with photos posted on Flickr... It is almost 100% the same as they were.

I made some progress during week-end but only one photo from today morning  I have now to show. This is about the upper wing detailing:

breg 19 DSC06004

It appear, that ailerons are two ribs shorter while compare to Breguet 19.7. I have photos for that. So here a fresh Tamiya putty is applied.  Now it is already sanded and painted but I have to stop for today - next photos tomorrow, I hope.

Cheers

J-W

• Like 1

Hi,

Here photo of upper wing detailed:

breg 198DSC06005

It is photo from two days ago. And current:

breg 198DSC06034

breg 198DSC06035

What is left? Armament (defense guns and bombs), lights, decals and general finish...

So the finish is not far :)

Cheers

J-W

Hi,

I made mistake in colour of main struts and u/c - both should be light blue. I corrected it . I did some more detailing. Still I have to finish riging, made small corrections in paintings, add landing lights and bomb racks and made final finish with varnish and some (very moderate) wethering/exploitation 

Here it is for today evening:

breg 198 DSC06056

breg 198 DSC06057

I hope to end tomorrow...

Cheers

Jerzy-Wojtek

• Like 1

Hi

Today, not few days ago, I finished Breguet 19.8 . This is bacause Mrs. M (or Mrs. JWM if you like) organized a bit my free time. I was not that bad... Some house repairs only...

breg 19 DSC06068

I posted it on RFI

Many thanks for comments and likes, I've got very intersting support, I appreciate also PM with some photos from JM!

Cheers

Jerzy-Wojtek