Polikarpov I-152, Nomonhan battle, ICM 1/72

Hi,

Polikarpov I-152 (I-15 bis) was Soviet fighter of end of thirties. It developed from I-15 by change of engine to more powerfull one and reconfiguration of middle part of upper wing. The latest appeard to be not good decission since next improved version - the I-153 returned to wing of I-15. Model is by ICM old tool (from ~1995: https://www.scalemates.com/kits/138166-icm-72013-i-15bis ). I Those days it was surprisingly nice detailed kit. It was for about 20 years in my stash until now... However now the new tool kit by ICM, even better is available. I replaced the windscreen by the spare vacu from Azur I-15. 

Model present I-152 in colours of VVS from short war between Japan and Soviet Union from summer of 1939, which is known as "Nomonhan incident" or "Khalkin-gol clashes". In fact it was much serious war, the number of involved tanks was bigger than in any battle of WWII until the Kursk. Soviet introduced mottled schemes in this war, which never appearde before or later on any other war theater (AFAIK). In French booklet on this war there are photos of three mottled I-152, but the tail is not visible. On colour profile no number is presented, but is is mentioned, that it was there likely. I decided to add some number in style (red outlined white) rather typical to VVS of those yeras. Sorry for this a bit what iff...but some number must be there anyway. 

Here she is:

i152 DSC05324i152 DSC05323i152 DSC05322i152 DSC05320i152 DSC05319i152 DSC05318

This is my number twelve of this year.

Comments welcome

Regards

Jerzy-Wojtek

Edited by JWM
Switch to Flickr
  • Like 26

11 hours ago, old thumper said:

Very nice model, you have done a particularly good job on the camouflage.

Old thumper - many thanks :)

I;ve just noticed that you are from Southampton. I never been there yet, but one day I think i will visit your town. From four months my daughter live there and no plans about returning home...

Regards

J-W

2 hours ago, JWM said:

Old thumper - many thanks :)

I;ve just noticed that you are from Southampton. I never been there yet, but one day I think i will visit your town. From four months my daughter live there and no plans about returning home...

Regards

J-W

I wouldn't say that Southampton is a beautiful place but it is safe and convenient, basically it is one of those places where nothing very much happens.

• Like 1