Lancaster Book Free With June 2017 Issue Of Aeroplane

Des

Current (June 2017 - Issue 530/Volume 45 No.6) Issue of Aeroplane with a 543 Sqn. Valiant B(PR).1 on the cover is available bundled with a free copy of Key Publishing's Flypast Special 'Lancaster 75' which usually retails separately for £5.99.     Picked up my copy in Tescos but nothing on the packaging to suggest it might be a promotion limited to them.

This is getting boring.  Again, just after I bought my copy (sans monograph) in Smiths.  The message seems to be: do not buy your magazines in Smiths until you have assured yourself that they are not also available, with freebies, at Tesco or Sainsbury's.

• Like 1

On 5/17/2017 at 2:22 AM, Paul Bradley said:

I wonder if we loyal subscribers will also get this?

I do not subscribe to any magazines but for around fifty years have relied on regular orders (now reduced to a healthier six a month from a previous twelve) with local newsagents to set aside copies and it is galling when things like this happen and I can only imagine this is even more so for subscribers who have 'paid up front' especially as these deals are often only available through chain stores some of whom already charge the publisher heavily merely to stock the publication in some but not always all of their stores.

Was at my usual newsagent this morning and their copies of Aeroplane did not include the freebie so looks like I was mistaken and it is in fact an offer unique to Tesco , so rather glad that this is one of the titles that I dropped from my regular order list to only buying when there is something of special interest to me although I depend on a quick look at the contents page rather than blocking an aisle to read in depth to establish this.

However I did see there that the current issue SAM Publications Military Modeller International had a 1/72 Zvezda German AA Gun and Crew mini-kit attached to the cover , when I was still having this kept for me at the same shop there was mention occasionally of similar kits being available  with the magazine at selected outlets so good to see them available more generally.

34 minutes ago, Des said:

However I did see there that the current issue SAM Publications Military Modeller International had a 1/72 Zvezda German AA Gun and Crew mini-kit attached to the cover , when I was still having this kept for me at the same shop there was mention occasionally of similar kits being available  with the magazine at selected outlets so good to see them available more generally.

Does anyone know what the AA gun is please?  If it's a FlaK 30 or 38, I could be looking to upgrade the parts in the ICM Flakpanzer 38(t).

On 17/05/2017 at 10:38 AM, Seahawk said:

This is getting boring.  Again, just after I bought my copy (sans monograph) in Smiths.  The message seems to be: do not buy your magazines in Smiths until you have assured yourself that they are not also available, with freebies, at Tesco or Sainsbury's.

In my local branches of Sainsbury's all I can buy is FlyPast, but there are several railway, motoring and computing mags. I guess the bod in charge of magazines isn't a plane buff?

Trevor

Thanks for the head's up.  I for one am very happy to support the likes of Tesco in this, their stores do have a bit more room in the aisles to accomodate the casual browser so the titles supporting hobbies like ours have a better chance of catching the eye.