Hi from Wiltshire

Steve 1602

Hello all, I'm a long term "lurker" on Britmodeller, so I thought it long overdue to actually start posting!

My modelling interests are mainly WW2 aviation - and I seem to have a very unhealthy obsession with Spitfires..... I'm ex military and served in the Royal Navy for a short spell before shifting to the Army, where I served for 17 years. I also spent some time in the Australian Army, so am a serial uniform collector I guess!

I'm in my forties (just) and married with a young family. My non-modelling interests include watching most ball sports, running (slowly), cycling (cautiously) and cooking (adequately....!).

I don't have a huge amount of time for making kits, but I find it relaxing when time permits; sometimes it's almost as satisfying to look at the work of members on here!

Steve

1 hour ago, Eric Mc said:

You sound like a well rounded personality - apart from building model kits of course :)

Will you be going to the IPMS Salisbury Show on 3 June?

Hi Eric, yes I certainly hope to go along - I saw a flyer in Salisbury Model Centre a few weeks back and put in an early bid for domestic clearance from chores!

Steve

Hi Steve and :welcome: sounds like you have a busy life. 

It's always nice to fit in some modelling time. You're right it is relaxing even if I only have a spare ten minutes to have a go, it can be rewarding.

All the best, Martin