Sherman Ic Firefly Hybrid - Dragon 1/35

After look on John's Cromwell in Ready for inspection I gonna respray it to get a brighter base. At this moment it look to dark. this time is three steps back, but better now then later.

Model get new colours. Not much difference visible on the photos, but sample with gloss varnish looks promising.

Pm1KgJAvYheGNM3cYgbabycFA5J2XrnM4EjjPqyF

r0IlCZoVW8psH4b30YO5tRcJbOipDo8IYmWcaD03

53JPkJjlYahKvXJJqci2RXLYSmOvvaLX62eGsUXf

turzUbCg7GcI4UNMFqsbPWA0ajn2XHu1yoD1Xuq0

And something for the Holy Graal (SCC 15) hunters. Two photos of the same vehicle which I found in the internet:

cLzmggaoeGWMdU8A7Hm8uD1-dkGjAx2IxDHqL3mf

TF99qJdukwp1QhXRdZ5jlrtofRfqyQlIQ_qk-2Mx

Edited by Kris B
add photos
  • Like 3

Those 2 photos show the dangers of trusting even modern photos.  2 identical subjects in identical environments but completely different colour values.  The top photo is too green overall - notice the green tint to the battledress and webbing stowage, and the white roof trusses.  Both are slightly over-exposed, but the bottom one was possibly taken with a fluorescent filter.  The top colour is not far off a matt version of post-war Deep Bronze Green 224, whereas the bottom is closer to what most of us would imagine SCC15 to look like: a greener shade of olive drab.  

These are Bovington photos.  Having been there a couple of weeks back and seen the Cromwell and Firefly I would say that the bottom photo colour is more correct but is still slightly darker "in the flesh".

• Like 1

Kriss, it looks good, i wouldn't be to worried about how much of a muchness is in it. It's green, that's the most important ;) Colour pictures, LCD monitors... its like the discussion between blind and deaf man about colours.

Think same as you. We going on Holiday to Bournemouth, and maybe I can managed quick jump to Bovington. But defo I not repainting it again :lalala:

I am planning to random colours - from khaki to dark green. Just to make it bit more interesting. By the way it is kind of unknown waters for me. 

• Like 1

When I was stationed in Germany in the 60's, we were using camnets which were the same as used in WW2. The basic colour was a dirty brown. The hessian strips were just a mixture of OD and brown with not much difference between the two. Bear in mind that these nets/hessian would have got dirty and dusty so all the different colours would blend together.

John.

• Like 3

Looks good.... I need something to go on the back of the new scammel transporter (as well as the right cloud to paint a 1944/45 British vehicle) so watching for tips...

Cheers, I am glad that you like it.

Today not much forward, but only markings. Colour on the photos is not as the model looks, but today is not about it.

yCkTAaYBGv23fIOqHLMCmsIAZsQbAnAiJ8-l__OL

38n8H23N_Zo1TVf8-5bmL48uc65DM6yWBEuHsM3Q

eLmfJxlpfeBrShfoy3F7fGrh8P0RX_HVkd8LgJTa

But talking about the colour. Few days ago I visited the Bovington Tank Museum and I have with me a sample with few colours.

jAgcdVyAiiTY0YowYypsk5pVuLEzlgyGb96JX1uR

My wife said that the bottom right is the correct colour (Mr. Hobby H-80 Khaki Green), but I think it more like the middle top which is the Mike Starmer's SCC 15. 

• Like 2

I have painted those stripes on the turret. As we spoke before John I tried the various green colours, but effect was not good enough. I decided to add some different and that how it looks now.

t3IApIYhHF3dTffRxUDYEW_wzeZ7Myu2s_BfXcjl

Edited by Kris B
  • Like 7

Lots:

XF5 Flat Green

XF49 Khaki

XF51 Khaki Drab

XF58 Olive Green 

XF61 Dark Green 

XF62 Olive Drab

XF65 Field Grey 

XF81 Dark Green 2 (RAF)