Sherman Ic Firefly Hybrid - Dragon 1/35

Hi Lads,

I am new at the forum, but I enjoy building models for a while. At this moment I am working to finish my firs Sherman. It is not any particular vehicle, I only do it to use the Blag Dog hessian net set. Model is already built and primed. Now it be a time for base colour. That how it look assembled using the Blue tack and Tamiya tape (it gonna be in pieces for painting process). First the model I have used and Black Dog.

60RHZfgriGbr_jBXgW2-1mBHoV95uM2GkksarO-Z

wlzUtJEfLCdLNXO1Mpo8KgZn507hLnQAhYSGIFgN

VBvls5w8BHO7cyUs25k8FADhrP73oTLoLs6JOCqZ

CrXekFdE_qMPEh2B5m-H6RfhjIh8L5DbIJuOsS3S

LeluyXLHEExZkYB8TSi06ZhXx5LIpWPnXFBFsETj

5t3dxWN43SzzgXNGkuaCg7FHxMz7hrrNi52PDmyK

o91XG6IyyP8cOajsXVwGgrqz1CqMEhsmK9Go7T4k

xv3pKXVuMmK6_zpig4cgOUicecPuWULJIKzZn5Hy

• Like 9

Nice job Kris, how was the fit of the black dog kit? As I'm thinking of using the set on a tasca Ic I'm going to build towards the end of the year.

Nice in hybrid. Can't wait to see some paint on it;)

have an ic hybrid of my own on the go it has :-

italeri m4a1 front

tamiya main body

tasca turret (a kind donation)

Edited by Cromwell

Thanks guys. 

Ozzy,  the Black Dog is dedicated for Dragon and not sure how it fits Tasca. You have to use some bits from the original kit such as the turret hatches, gun mantlet with mounting and few other bits. That's why I bought this Dragon. I have about 8 Tasca/Asuka in my stash but unlucky didn't fought about try the fit.

That was my first time to use of their resin and in my opinion some of the stuff there was quite poor. The gun barrel was badly bent and I have to straighten it with the hot water. Also have to amputate the exposed part of the barrel as it has a lots of slices from blade on it - strange. I adopted the kid part of the barrel with Panzer Art muzzle cover. 

Turret ring is well to small and have to add some plastic stripes to increase the diameter to keep it in the hull. There is some flash in few places and damage bits (well, I have them) and similar as on the barrel slices from the blade. 

But by the end of the day is worth to get it just to not have all the Fireflys looks the same. 

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Kris B said:

Thanks guys. 

Ozzy,  the Black Dog is dedicated for Dragon and not sure how it fits Tasca. You have to use some bits from the original kit such as the turret hatches, gun mantlet with mounting and few other bits. That's why I bought this Dragon. I have about 8 Tasca/Asuka in my stash but unlucky didn't fought about try the fit.

That was my first time to use of their resin and in my opinion some of the stuff there was quite poor. The gun barrel was badly bent and I have to straighten it with the hot water. Also have to amputate the exposed part of the barrel as it has a lots of slices from blade on it - strange. I adopted the kid part of the barrel with Panzer Art muzzle cover. 

Turret ring is well to small and have to add some plastic stripes to increase the diameter to keep it in the hull. There is some flash in few places and damage bits (well, I have them) and similar as on the barrel slices from the blade. 

But by the end of the day is worth to get it just to not have all the Fireflys looks the same. 

Thanks Kris,

i didn't realise it's for the dragon kit, I may have ago myself at cutting up some strips of wine bottle foil. 

Probably worth to try with this foil or just the wrapping foil. Black Dog looks to thick and densely (hope I used the right word). I just used this because my skill is not good enough. 

• Like 1

That's a good looking build. Black Dog's hessian tape doesn't look too bad on the Sherman, but they didn't do so well with the Cromwell. It looks a bit like over boiled spaghetti.

John.

Cheers John. I am wondering how the Panzer Art looks? They doing one for Sherman and Cromwell as well. On the photos they look more delicate then the Black Dog. But for Sherman there is only turret, no extras. 

I decided to use Mike_Husky's mixture of Tamiya XF-58 x4 + XF-62 x3. Will see that be near his Sherman. 

Edited by Kris B
  • Like 1

Base colour - it is slightly different then I can see, but all my cameras (this one is phone) always have a problem with green.

m1nkZkWIrPihTxChJz-0Ox7ICU-BZI_Q0gBvW6f4

• Like 3

This is really good! I have one of these Firefly kits in the stash - the addition of the hessian gives it a whole new look. I feel a copycat build coming on! :wink:

Thx John. I am planning to use few different green shades and maybe other colours like khaki, earth, etc. Well, it will be a paintbrush work and if something not be looking good it will be ease to correct.

Hi Kris,

I really like the paintjob with the highlights B) ... gives me some inspiration for the Patton.

Cheers, E

Edited by Etienne

Cheers. 

Model got now the clear gloss and get darker. As it is my first attempt to imitation of SCC15 I will leave it like this. Will see what I get later. But for future I think it need brighter base.