Carriers Ahoy! Things that fly on things that float! chat

trickyrich

22 minutes ago, Avereda said:

I'm not sure what the rules for these things are but Hardtarget appears in the list of participants three times. I thought it might be worth mentioning now rather than later.

no thanks for that, I've been know to stuff up the odd list or so! :whistle:

Ok it's all sorted now and we still make the 30 mark! :thumbsup:

On 15/07/2017 at 10:57 PM, Avereda said:

I'm not sure what the rules for these things are but Hardtarget appears in the list of participants three times. I thought it might be worth mentioning now rather than later.

One for each build. ;)

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

• 1 month later...
58 minutes ago, Valkyrie said:

Was there a date for this one? I was panicking as couldn't find it listed for a while....

we haven't got that far yet. We have enough interested members that this proposed GB can go through to the voting in November. After the votes have been counted the 6 or 7 GB's with the most votes go through to next years calendar. So keep an eye out for the voting and don't forget to vote.  

• Like 1

This is a must do britmodeller bucket list GB. I have a separate stash list now for this and have already added a few which are hidden from SWMBO in my gym bag..I will not forget to vote

• Like 1

20 hours ago, trickyrich said:

After the votes have been counted the 6 or 7 GB's with the most votes go through to next years calendar.

Actually, there are 9 slots for voted GBs plus an additional two for the Blitzbuild and KUTA GBs.  There are also 8 slots for STGBs.  

• 2 weeks later...

In the stash, I've more FAA planes than is healthy. Could be the time to dig out some SHARS and I have 2 Frog Blackburn Sharks, as well as a few in between. An Attacker or a Firebrand would be interesting.  I also have a bundle of deck tractors so please count me in. I won't committ what as I usually change my mind before starting. Oh and I have a bundle of Firefly's and a couple of Sea Fury's sitting there too. The only thing I can say is I'm not short ot a place to start. 

sounds like you have a great selection to chose from. Maybe it's time to thin out the stash........... to make room for more!!! :D Welcome aboard.

Plus TonyTiger66 has kindly offered his services as Co-host if this GB floats.

• 1 month later...

A quick question:

Would HMS Fearless apply for this groupbuild?:hmmm: Choppers WERE flying off it! :winkgrin:

Or how about USS Tarawa LHA-1 or USS Boxer LPH-4? :hmmm:

(I actually also have USS Forrestal, but just asking!) :winkgrin:

Cheers :bye:

Hans J

4 minutes ago, HansReggelsen said:

Would HMS Fearless apply for this groupbuild?:hmmm: Choppers WERE flying off it! :winkgrin:

" Stipulations: The carrier must have a full length deck, had aircraft/choppers operating off it and actually entered service and the aircraft/choppers had to have been operational on said carriers."

That stipulation also affects what I want to build because of this 'full length' clause. :confused:  I have a liking for 'Falklands War 1982' themed stuff and a lot of ships went to that area carrying, and flying, aircraft but they woiuldn't count.

Mike

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, bootneck said:

" Stipulations: The carrier must have a full length deck, had aircraft/choppers operating off it and actually entered service and the aircraft/choppers had to have been operational on said carriers."

That stipulation also affects what I want to build because of this 'full length' clause. :confused:  I have a liking for 'Falklands War 1982' themed stuff and a lot of ships went to that area carrying, and flying, aircraft but they woiuldn't count.

Mike

Yes - I found that out 30 seconds after I put forth the question! :doh:

I may join in the fun anyway...:winkgrin:

Hans J

5 hours ago, bootneck said:

Mike

Mike that's actually not a bad idea re some of the "special" ships that were used for air ops, and the smaller non-through deck ones. The idea just needs to be refined a bit so it's more attractive to members. But a GB that includes some of the special and unusual air/land/sea craft might be a really interesting GB.

If there any ideas on how to put forward this GB then nlet me know. I'm more than happy to start a thread up.

4 hours ago, HansReggelsen said:

Yes - I found that out 30 seconds after I put forth the question! :doh:

I may join in the fun anyway...:winkgrin:

Hans J

of course you can, at the moment it looks to be one of the GB's for next year.

3 hours ago, Paul Bradley said:

I'd be interested in joining, depending on the dates - I have a number of carrier kits, plus a Heller Jeanne d'Arc if it is decided to allow 'non-thru deck cruisers'.....! ;)

.....fraid not this time. But as mentioned earlier if the idea of the "special" ships can be expanded it'll definitely be included.

As for dates, a lot will depend on this GB's final position. In the past the GB with the highest number of votes gets first pick, then the next and so on for all 9 GB's.

Presently it looks like I could be host 4 GBs next year (2 are STGB's Me-262 & P-39/63...nudge nudge). If I get to chose this will be either #1 or #2 GB of the year. I have a feeling she's going to be a big GB!!!

1 hour ago, JOCKNEY said:

Great to see this GB amongst the leaders.

Thinking about a change from WW2 stuff

Anyone built either of these ?

cheers Pat

Built the Sea Harrier not long after it was released Pat, as I recall it went together quite well.

nice choices Pat..... are any resin? :D That's one of the nice things with this GB, the choices are huge for aircraft and ship builders!

I'm looking at the following for possible builds:

1/48th Hasegawa F-14D “Bombcat”
1/48th Collect-Aire F3H-2M/N Demon
1/48th Collect-Aire RA-5C Vigilante

!/32nd Fisher Model & Pattern Sea Fury

yeah 3 are resin! :drunk:

Is there a listing of aircraft v carrier builds for this GB?  I am concerned that it looks as if it's morphing into another aircraft GB with just a few ships?

Mike