Carriers Ahoy! Things that fly on things that float! chat

trickyrich

Hello, can you count me in please? I have a kit of Bon Homme Richard, but could do with an excuse to buy a kit of HMS Vindictive by AJM Models, it was a WW1 aircraft carrier, but will it be allowed for this? Hopefully a link:

https://starling-models.co.uk/index.php

What a colour scheme! Oh, I do also have plenty of things that fly from them too in t' stash.

Ray

16 hours ago, trickyrich said:

hmmmm.... you don't happen to have a plan C do you? :whistle:

..no that'll be fine  :D

Plan C, Rareplanes Douglas Skyshark, yes Vacform, :pray: please let him say no.....

7 hours ago, Ray S said:

Hello, can you count me in please? I have a kit of Bon Homme Richard, but could do with an excuse to buy a kit of HMS Vindictive by AJM Models, it was a WW1 aircraft carrier, but will it be allowed for this? Hopefully a link:

https://starling-models.co.uk/index.php

What a colour scheme! Oh, I do also have plenty of things that fly from them too in t' stash.

Ray

Welcome aboard Ray, the Bon Homme Richard is fine, unfortunately the HMS Vindictive is not actually a "through deck" carrier so it's not allowed. It looks an awesome model though...does one ever need an excuse to by a super cool model?? :D

15 minutes ago, JOCKNEY said:

Plan C, Rareplanes Douglas Skyshark, yes Vacform, :pray: please let him say no.....

:thumbsup:

I'm sooo tempted to bend the rules just so we can watch you build a vacform model!!  :D

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, trickyrich said:

:thumbsup:

I'm sooo tempted to bend the rules just so we can watch you build a vacform model!!  :D

This will come as a shock but I have finally lost my Vacform cherry :blush: see below 

Next milestone Resin !

6 hours ago, JOCKNEY said:

This will come as a shock but I have finally lost my Vacform cherry :blush: see below 

Next milestone Resin !

Well done!!!  You've a braver man than I, I really don't like VacForm model!!! Just wait till you build a resin beasty, they're a breeze compared to VacForm.

Good to see you're out of you comfort zone, and you're doing a great job on her as well, well done! :thumbsup:

6 hours ago, nimrod54 said:

Sign me up for this one Rich, I have a Sea Fury that has been on the to do pile for too long and a few other suitable subjects.

No worries, I'll added you to the list

Nice choice to and strange you should mention the Sea Fury, I've just scored a 1/32nd Fisher Model & Pattern resin one, am really excited about that!!!! 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, trickyrich said:

Nice choice to and strange you should mention the Sea Fury, I've just scored a 1/32nd Fisher Model & Pattern resin one, am really excited about that!!!! 

That will be a nice looking model when you get around to building it. Mine is the 1/48 Hobbycraft version with a box of Flightpath goodies. 

18 hours ago, trickyrich said:

Welcome aboard Ray, the Bon Homme Richard is fine, unfortunately the HMS Vindictive is not actually a "through deck" carrier so it's not allowed. It looks an awesome model though...does one ever need an excuse to by a super cool model?? :D

Ok no worries, I will still get it anyway as you said, who needs an excuse?

BHR it is then!

Ray

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Shar2 said:

I'm in. I need a good excuse to build another carrier. :D

4 hours ago, Hardtarget said:

Count mwe in with a 1/72 SH Firefly mk.1

3 hours ago, Jabba said:

I think that I can find something in the stash to enter this GB. So count me in.

welcome aboard guys, as they say!

It'll be great to see some carriers built for this GB.

What would be interesting is a few members got together and one built the carrier and the other the aircraft that operated off her! It would require some organising but it would be really cool. 

• Like 1

forgive my ignorance, but was she the last one, decommissioned in 1979? As you can see I'm not a navy sort.

If it's that one then what a chance to build a Phantom....as if you ever need an excuse! 

I'll issue a challenge, for someone to build the HMS Ark Royal and other members to build the aircraft  that served on her;

Phantoms

Buccaneers 

Gannets

Seakings

Wessex HAS 1's

HMS Ark Royal vs USS Nimitz

I would love to see some combined builds, not something I think we've seen before in GB's, a good chance to be a first! So come on give it a go!

Please count me in. I have plenty in the stash that fits the bill.

6 hours ago, trickyrich said:

forgive my ignorance, but was she the last one, decommissioned in 1979? As you can see I'm not a navy sort.

If it's that one then what a chance to build a Phantom....as if you ever need an excuse! 

I'll issue a challenge, for someone to build the HMS Ark Royal and other members to build the aircraft  that served on her;

Phantoms

Buccaneers 

Gannets

Seakings

Wessex HAS 1's

HMS Ark Royal vs USS Nimitz

I would love to see some combined builds, not something I think we've seen before in GB's, a good chance to be a first! So come on give it a go!

I can take part in this GB within a GB. I have the MA ark royal sheet which has everything that flew on her.

4 hours ago, AndrewE said:

Please count me in. I have plenty in the stash that fits the bill.

no worries

1 hour ago, Hardtarget said:

I can take part in this GB within a GB. I have the MA ark royal sheet which has everything that flew on her.

Cool, a Phantom or a Buccaneer, that would be a hard choice!

1 hour ago, Avereda said:

Count me in, probably a Grumman Somethingcat but I might be swayed by a Sea Hurricane, Seafire etc

welcome aboard.

Well I think we have the numbers now, unless it was changed and I didn't notice! So off to voting in November.

I had been planning a 1/48th RA-5C for this until the Bombcat showed up, then yesterday this showed up!! 

IMG_0413-L.jpg

It's resin of course, hollow cast fuselage and 1/32nd!!! :wub:

Looks at stash inventory....

USS Hornet.

Phantoms. 

Tomcat.

Sweet Wildcat with deck and cats as flight deck crew.

Might have something suitable then...

I'm in. 

I'm not sure what the rules for these things are but Hardtarget appears in the list of participants three times. I thought it might be worth mentioning now rather than later.