Poundland rattle can white, il need to get some. Have they a few colours? I am a brush painter but use humbrol sprays for some stuff. Is the Poundland paint ok?

31 minutes ago, Valkyrie said:

Poundland rattle can white, il need to get some. Have they a few colours? I am a brush painter but use humbrol sprays for some stuff. Is the Poundland paint ok?

I have to say it looks 100 times better than it did, it's gone on evenly (thanks there also to my other half), so I would definitely use it again for white aircraft. They definitely also have black and possibly grey, certainly worth the pound I paid for it!

Thanks Michelle. 

• Like 1

The Poundland rattle can worked wonders and tonight I added the splash of yellow to the tail, and gave the entire aircraft a coat of Quick Shine to seal it all in. I am really pleased now and I think the little aircraft is looking quite striking.

DSC_2316

DSC_2317

I also started work on the prop, this was covered in flash and is incredibly flimsy. I gently dragged my craft knife along the edges then used my micro file to even it off. I then gave the nose a coat of red, looking good. 

Been busy adding some detailing tonight, firstly painting the exhausts. I have used anthracite black, and will ads some Mr.Metal Color, and Tamiya Bronze once this is dry. I then turned my attention to the decals. These are slightly yellowed, but came off the backing paper well, were thin and easy to apply.

DSC_2326

DSC_2325

I also started work on the canopy, this particular model has a long canopy that extends to the tail of the aircraft. I have painted the back half of the canopy white and will add detail to the front half. So far so good.

• Like 2

Been busy with some of the finer details this evening. Firstly attaching the nose and prop, this required heating the end of my modelling tweezers to flatten the end so the prop could spin. Once this had cooled I glued the bezel into the nose of the fuselage.

DSC_2351

I then built up the undercarriage, these went together with ease. I found the diagonal struts a great help getting the wheels into the correct position. She's nearly finished, just a coat of varnish once the Gorilla glue has dried. 

DSC_2352

DSC_2353

• Like 2

Finally finished and ready for inspection, my little Yak-1M. Not the best model I have made, but for a kit from the 1970's it went together pretty well. I was rather daunted by the amount of flash on all the sprues, and didn't have the best experience brush painting the white. However, I have learnt two things from this build.....rattle can white gives a better finish than brush painting (some colours simply look rubbish from the brush),  and check the build instructions carefully (hence the late addition to the canopy). All that said though, I enjoyed the build, like the look and colour scheme of the little Russian war bird, and had fun.

DSC_2360

DSC_2362

DSC_2364

DSC_2368

• Like 2