Pretty as a picture, Patricia Lynn RB.57E

17 hours ago, F4u said:

Absolutely cracking job John, you certainly nailed the NMF ! It was a joy to follow your WIP it just shows what a bit of effort and knowledge of the subject can do.

Love your other 57's too :clap2:

One day I will get round to my PR9 !

Well done my friend.

Guy

Thank you very much Guy and yes, get your finger out and get on with that PR.9! :)

6 hours ago, PlaStix said:

That is very impressive John. Great NMF and I love the in flight photo. Very well done. :worthy:

Kind regards,

Stix

Thank you very much Stix kind of you to say. 

2 hours ago, woody37 said:

It's come out a treat John, love that finish :)

Thanks Woody :)

John

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Head in the clouds. said:

As ever John you win the Gold Medal;  another absolute stunner with detail and paint scheme to match. It is always a joy to see your builds as I know just how much research and work has been lavished upon your builds.

Keep em coming John.

Gary

That's very kind of you to say Gary! Thank you.

John

On 2017-5-25 at 9:06 PM, Scimitar said:

Beautiful result John.

I enjoyed your WIP.

How many of the family on display now?

Richard

Thanks Richard, now there's a question, I've not had an head count for a while, but I've gained more than I've lost, so it must be in the high 50's or low 60's?

John 

• Like 1

Hello Canberra,

The model looks great and very clean. That goes with this specific model.

I know you did put in a lot of effort. It was worth it.

Regards, Orion/The Netherlands.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Orion said:

Hello Canberra,

The model looks great and very clean. That goes with this specific model.

I know you did put in a lot of effort. It was worth it.

Regards, Orion/The Netherlands.

Thanks Orion, it was a lot of effort, but I'm happy with the end result, but I will not be doing it again for some time! :)

John  

Hello, John

Your "E" turned out beautifully. Was glad to see that some parts found their way to an excellent home.

Keep crankin' 'em out, I like watching as I may build another myself, one day.

Best wishes,

Ed Ellickson

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TheRealMrEd said:

Hello, John

Your "E" turned out beautifully. Was glad to see that some parts found their way to an excellent home.

Keep crankin' 'em out, I like watching as I may build another myself, one day.

Best wishes,

Ed Ellickson

Thanks Ed, yes the ED nose came in very useful, thank you. I didn't use the compressor fronts you sent as I wanted to use as much of the Italeri kit as I could, which as it turned out wasn't much.

Regards

John

• 2 weeks later...

John,

You probably have these in your archives, but when I saw them just now, I thought of you and our conversation regarding the cartridge starter on the B-57..Yikes! That's some serious black powder!  We had RB-57A's and RB-66's in the late fifties when my Dad was stationed at Shaw AB, SC; they were phasing out the Canberras for RF-101's. Those were exciting days for a young planespotter, as I could go out in the parking lot of my Dad's building and be next to the ramp! Can't get away with that anymore, sad to say!

Mike

https://www.google.com/search?q=RB-57A&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwjalO-pgbbUAhUmS2MKHeR0BHQQ_AUICSgE&biw=1280&bih=654#imgdii=x6PlPNbRdauA5M:&imgrc=2QBFdk3pkZRBCM:&spf=1497191600527

Edited by 72modeler
corrected spelling
  • Like 2

@72modeler Thanks Mike, I have seen some of them before, but not that nice photo of the E starting up. They were very mucky, from what I can remember they did introduce a "cleaner" cartridge, but from what I've seen it was still very black. It must have been a fantastic time and place to grow up, I'm jealous!

John