https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B0YTyzb37wqFb2ZjRHY2VEFYdXhybHZMajdsV2lRQmNRT3NZ 

Here is my attempt at AModel's 1/72 Jetstream 31.

I had a few fit issues with the kit, but, I am happy with the end result.

Click on link at you can see my build.

Photo taken with my new iphone (Still learning about it)

Edited by Colin1967
more info
  • Like 8

Thank you Luis!

I thoroughly enjoyed building this kit, it was very challenging for me, lots of fitting issues, sanding and filler required, but, well worth the effort.

AModel decals were very fragile too.

Don't be put off by AModel kits have ago and your efforts will be rewarded, I am certainly ordering more AModel kits that appeal to me.

My Mum really likes this model too.

Cheers.

Colin.

• Like 1

Thanks for showing; I'm quite a fan of these Amodel "civil" aircraft kits.

My Amodel Beechcraft 1900C project is stalled at present (due to other modelling distractions) and your Jetstream encourages me to go on with it.

They're not renown for being precision builds like Tamiya, Hasegawa and others; so your build does you great credit.

:goodjob:

• Like 1

Thank you kapam,

I appreciate your post very much and I would love to see your Amodel Beechcraft 1900C project when finished, don't give up on it and you too will be rewarded with an unusual aircraft in your collection.  To be honest I prefer the kits that are a bit more of a challenge than certain other manufacturers kits, I have already advanced ordered the 1/72 Jetstream T2 and Dove kits from AModel.

Enjoy your builds and I look forward to seeing them here on BM.

On 15/05/2017 at 5:59 AM, Colin1967 said:

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B0YTyzb37wqFb2ZjRHY2VEFYdXhybHZMajdsV2lRQmNRT3NZ

Here is my attempt at AModel's 1/72 Jetstream 31.

I had a few fit issues with the kit, but, I am happy with the end result.

Click on link at you can see my build.

Photo taken with my new iphone (Still learning about it)

Looks nice Colin, I've wondered about these but seen very few, maybe I do need to chase one down, a local 3rd level airline operated them for a while.

Steve.

Edited by stevehnz
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, Colin1967 said:

I have already advanced ordered the 1/72 Jetstream T2 and Dove kits from AModel.

The Dove has been rumoured as an Amodel release. 

Your pre-order suggests it is not going to remain "just a rumour".

Good news in my book!

• Like 1

On 5/17/2017 at 5:05 AM, stevehnz said:

Looks nice Colin, I've wondered about these but seen very few, maybe I do need to chase one down, a local 3rd level airline operated them for a while.

Steve.

Thanks Steve,

Go on chase one down, did see some still at Hobbyterra recently.

Would like to see how you or other modellers got on with this kit, I certainly enjoyed the build.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, stevehnz said:

Thanks for the heads up on Hobby Terra, I'll probably go with them, I've bought from them before. I'm keen to do one in the colours of Origin Pacific, a locally based 3rd level airline, I can get decals for this from Old models decals. I think I can see a plan forming here. :)

Steve.

I like your choice of colours.

Thank you for the link and for the link for Old models decals site, never heard of these guys before and am tempted to buy some of their decal sets.

Colin.

I confess to not having used Oldmodels decals before though I've seen some decent results with them. They're an all on one sheet type, his early ones were inkjet printed I believe but now he uses a different process which gives better results afaik.

Steve.

I try to remember to apply a coat of Microscale liquid decal film to decals that are of the inkjet type or are all on one sheet to give them a bit more strength and to protect the images during application, I advise if doing this to try my method on a piece of decal from the sheet you don't want first, just to make sure the liquid decal film doesn't harm the images on the sheet.

I have applied this method to my next RFI aircraft and the decals worked fine.

Regards Colin.

• Like 1