Airfix 1/48 Gloster Javelin FAW 9/9R Finished 2 weeks to late

Arniec

Hi guys,

I will be building the 1/48 Airfix Javelin.  It is already started, but just. So it will be under the 25%.

I have just started the cockpit and some parts are of the sprues, but noting more.

It will be build out of the box. I might get me some seatbelts or some resin seats.

I have also got a sheet from Xtradecals Javelin part 1 (X48-125).

I think I will make the 5 Squadron Javelin.

Pictures will follow later.

Cheers

Edited by Arniec
  • Like 4

Hi guys,

Here are the pictures of what is in the box.

The box top.

IMG_3979

The content

IMG_3980

And here are the part that were already done. As you can see it is not much.

IMG_3981

And the decals I am going to use from Xtradecal

IMG_3982

This is the scheme I am going to use.

IMG_3983

I hope to start this after finishing my Mosquito in another GB and a Churchill AVRE that I want to take with me to a show in two weeks.

That is it for now.

Cheers,

Edited by Arniec
  • Like 1

I have made some progress today as I was modelling at a friend home. I have put the seats together, intakes and exhaust pipes. As I was doing the intakes and exhausts I noticed some sinkmarks in there. So I have now decided to close them up with the plates provided with the kit. I also need to think about some seatbelts.

I dry fitted the fuselage as well and it looks very good at this point.

I have no foto's jet, hope to do some this weekend.

Cheers,

• Like 1

OK guys here are some pictures. 

The cockpit nearly ready for some paint. I still need to do some seatbelts.

IMG_4005

And here you can see the testfit of the intakes and exhausts. As there are some pinch marks inside the inlets and exhaust pipes I have decided to take the easy way out and use the blank off plates that are in the kit. I also had a misalignment with one of the exhaust plates. I removed the tap to get a better fit.

IMG_4006

And here is a picture of the test fit with the top fuselage and also with the front fuselage. It seems to be a very good fit. I like these new Airfix kits a lot!!!

IMG_4007

That is it for now.

Cheers,

Edited by Arniec
  • Like 2

Me to Shermaniac.

In the past I was just interested in WW II projects, but now I like the early jets as well.

But here is again a update. I have started painting some parts.

Here is the cockpit done. I painted it first black and then gave it a coat of German grey from Tamiya.

IMG_4012IMG_4013

And the exhaust were also painted black. This will later get a coat of metallic paint.

IMG_4016

The cockpit still needs to get a wash and some detail painting before I can put it into the front fuselage.

This is realy a nice kit. Airfix has done well.

Cheers,

Edited by Arniec
  • Like 5

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

It has taken some time to get this one going. It wasn't the kit (witch is great!!!!!), but me. I got distracted with some other models.

Here are some pictures of what has been done sins Monday.

I dry-brushed the cockpit with some medium grey colours and also gave it a wash.

Here is the result.

IMG_4106IMG_4107IMG_4109IMG_4111IMG_4112IMG_4113IMG_4114

And this was done today. I closed the cockpit and placed it inside the fuselage. It is realy a great kit to build. It is so well engineered.

IMG_4115IMG_4116

The clamping was just done to keep the inlets in the right place as the glue dried.

And the last one with the fuselage closed. I needed two cocktail sticks to get the inlet inline with the under fuselage.

Again nothing to serious.

IMG_4117

That is it for now.

Cheers,

• Like 4

Here is a update what has been done till today. The most time I had was on Sunday and there I worked on all the seams, before I could put it further together.

After this it was mainly putting on small details. 

here are some pictures to illustrate the progress.

The model on sunday evening.

IMG_4118IMG_4119

And this is where she is now. I forgot to take a picture from the topside:doh: But there aren't much changes there.

IMG_4121

I have also made up the missiles. I also dipped the canopies in the new Klear, but don't know what happened. It looks like it didn't gave it a even look. Now I will need to remove it without marring the parts.:boom: Does somebody know how to do that?! I have never had this before.

There is still a few things to do before I get to the painting stage. Hope to do that next week. 

Cheers,

• Like 1

Luckely I have found a method (online, so not my own thinking) for removing Klear from clear parts. phew:clap2:

If you use some windex with some Ammonia in it. Dip the part in for a short time you will see that it becomes milky again and then you can whipe it of. If there still is some klear left, just do it for a second time.

I have redone my clear parts just a few minutes ago.:yahoo:

Cheers, 

Edited by Arniec

• 3 weeks later...

I've only just found this. I like what you've done with the cockpit, 1950s and 60s black cockpits are always difficult.

I started one of these some time ago and then stopped to finish something else. I still havn't finished the other kit ( Spitfire ) but when I do I might get back to mine.

John

• Like 1

So, painting done in the last couple of days. 

Here are some pictures starting with some pre-shading and ending with the underside painted in alluminium that should represent high speed silver.

IMG_4138

some dark sea gray.

IMG_4139

masking

IMG_4140

green on

IMG_4141

the result.

IMG_4142

and alluminium on

IMG_4143

This now needs to dry.

All the paint is from Gunze.

Hope to put some Klear on tonight or tomorrow morning. So that I can put the decals on on Sunday.

Cheers,

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...

I know I didn't made it, but still here are some pictures after decalling. This took 3 halve days to do.

Here are some pictures. 

IMG_4145IMG_4144

Now it needs a coat of flat clear and then I can finish her.

Cheers,

• Like 1

Two weeks to late, but she is finished. I will place some more pictures in the read for inspection Aircraft section.

Here is the link 

IMG_4162IMG_4161

Cheers,

Edited by Arniec
  • Like 1