C/A glueing on a non syick bas

LaurieS

Sometimes it is easier to stick PE with etc by laying parts on a flat base and glueing in that position using C/A.

Any one any ideas on a surface which C/A does not stick to.

Laurie

39 minutes ago, Black Knight said:

Do you mean sticking PE to a surface CA doesn't work on?

~ for that I use a dab of UHU glue

Thanks for replying. No apologies I have not described well my predicament.

It is  placing two pieces of PE or PE and plastic on a surface and joining them together with C/A with out the PE or plastic

attaching itself to the surface they are laid on.

Laurie

Think I have found the answer.

Waitrose Baking Parchment. Tried to C/A a piece of plastic to it and no contact at all.

Like the paper they used to call Baking Paper. In the old days.

Laurie

I believe that baking parchment is coated in silicone. This being the case I would suggest a silicone heat mat or similar to be a good, tough, permanent solution. I know I have some but I have no idea where I put them and it would certainly be handy as a surface when working with CA.

12 hours ago, Beardie said:

I believe that baking parchment is coated in silicone. This being the case I would suggest a silicone heat mat or similar to be a good, tough, permanent solution. I know I have some but I have no idea where I put them and it would certainly be handy as a surface when working with CA.

Thanks Beardie. I use for sawing bits an old cutting kitchen board. Assume that is silicone. Tried it and to put it negative terms it is very hard to stick anything to. Also helped as it has a slight dimpled surface.

The board has been well used in the kitchen and has scratches (C/A finds them) so down to the kitchen shop for a silicone heat mat. Thanks for the info.

12 hours ago, Black Knight said:

For a smaller area; the side cut from a plastic milk carton.

CA doesn't stick to that type of plastic

Thanks Black Night. As soon as the present cartoon is used I have told my servant (some call them wives :tired:) to keep it.

Laurie

Bought some flexible cutting mats at our local shop. Tried to get C/A to stick.

But they objected.

Thanks for all the replies much appreciated.

These are the mats on Amazon. All mats are for separate food groups ie stick beef to beef mat fish to fish----- :drunk:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Kitchen-Craft-Flexible-Colour-Cutting/dp/B002T4NE6W/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1494866176&sr=8-1&keywords=kitchen+craft+ultra+flexible+cutting+mats

Laurie

For years I’ve always used the backing off a roll of double sided 2" carpet tape. The left over ‘non-stick’ bit you usually throw away.  

As I seemed to have misplaced the carpet tape:(, I’ve started using a strip of bog standard Tamiya type (Frog tape) tape stuck down onto something flat.

By chance I’m in the middle of doing some filling using superglue this very moment, here’s a bit of tape that I applied superglue to over an hour ago and it’s still useable.

9481be39-9cf4-4392-af01-1452f449d0ed.jpg

It’s only just started to dry up and stick, but as a temporary ‘non-stick’ surface for gluing PE on it works just fine.:yes:

Mart