Revell 1/32 Spitfire MKix

stevej60

Thanks for the comment's folk's,struggling to find model time this last week but today I got the lower wing roundel's applied, a few tense moment's

as not only do they cover a bulge but also the ammo chute's need to be cut out glad to say all's well.

20170629_104544_zpszptkrxak.jpg

Edited by stevej60
  • Like 5

2 hours ago, nimrod54 said:

That subtle wash has highlighted the panel detail nicely. Cracking job Steve, did you use an oil based one?

Thank's John.I gave Vallejo water based wash a go,I bought it last year and wasn't impressed but I thinned it 50% further with water and got

a much better result.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, stevej60 said:

Thank's John.I gave Vallejo water based wash a go,I bought it last year and wasn't impressed but I thinned it 50% further with water and got

a much better result.

Thanks for the info Steve. I've seen Vallejo's washes recommended a several times now and I like your results. I think that I will give some a try on my Basset 206, having gone to the trouble of a mini re-scribe it would be a shame not to pick it out.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, nimrod54 said:

Thanks for the info Steve. I've seen Vallejo's washes recommended a several times now and I like your results. I think that I will give some a try on my Basset 206, having gone to the trouble of a mini re-scribe it would be a shame not to pick it out.

You will be able to judge for yourself John but i first tried it on a small build and unthinned I found it hard to remove and it ruined the kit.

19 minutes ago, PlaStix said:

Great work with the panel line wash Steve. It's really brought it to life. Well done. :thumbsup:

Kind regards,

Stix

Thank's Stix,I,ve used the same mix on the 109 in the STGB look's great due to Trumpeters fine recessed detail.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Hi folk's a couple of week's lay off this project but re-started today overall matt coat applied just the cockpit glazing to finish painting and fixing in place

and a few small job's left to do.

DSC00021

• Like 3

• 1 month later...

Apologies again folk's building work claimed a second GB failure with this one,a move into the loft room just completed yesterday for future

modelling didn't help as has a four week absence of any modelling at all,only the canopy to fit and a few bit's to fix and she'll be there so hopefully

in RFI aircraft in the near future.

• Sad 1