Revell 1/32 Spitfire MKix

stevej60

Hi folk's,well it's taken a few year's but for the first time I've used the Blu-Tack method and sprayed rather than brushed on the

camoflage colour,I'm reasonably happy with the result but feel a bit of a cheat but in this bigger scale it makes more sense.

20170616_145635_zpszeqfvtqi.jpg

• Like 8

11 minutes ago, Hewy said:

Good job Steve, thats looking very nice 

Glynn

Thank's Glynn,just wish I could get camera sorted out for better picture's rather than my phone I have to tinker with the editor and

every picture seems a different colour.

IMG-20170616-WA0005_zpshfomp9gn.jpg

Edited by stevej60
  • Like 7

That looks just right to me, with the overspray only visible from close-up. Will you paint the markings and wing walk lines or ( like me ) just use decals?

Cheers

John

Edited by Biggles87

That's looking grand, never mind cheating with the Blu Tac method I've now switched to using store bought masks for the camouflage as the Blu Tac and paper masks method used to take me days to do.

Cheers

Dennis

• Like 1

Blimey Steve, this has moved on apace since I last checked in. The camo looks great, and you shouldn't beat yourself up about using Blu-tack and spraying your paint, like you say it makes a lot more sense in this scale. Heck, I used the same method on my 1/200 Vulcan build. :goodjob:

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Biggles87 said:

That looks just right to me, with the overspray only visible from close-up. Will you paint the markings and wing walk lines or ( like me ) just use decals?

Cheers

John

Might paint them John,Airfix ones always seem to silver no reason Revell's wontbe the same!

2 hours ago, Col. said:

Top job on the camouflage work Steve :speak_cool:

Many thank's Col,a total lack of modelling over the weekend only a half hour this morning but got the band and spinner painted

and just attached the gear legs now drying for a day or so.

20170618_111521_zpsf0vanqeb.jpg

• Like 3

Hi folk's,I had to do a bit of repainting here and there before glossing so that's now done.Prop and spinner painted U/C in place and she's up on her

feet,always nice to see how the decal's behave happy to report all's well.

20170620_122426_zpsvxnwrmde.jpg

• Like 5

serial and big wing roudel's on,sadly unles someone knows better Revell's code colour's are wrong,Idid mix some paint to match for the spinner

and fuselage band which on a test 1/48 spare spinner looked all wrong you can see the code letters placed on the instruction sheet.

20170620_170543_zpsjtrpwedj.jpg

Probably best shown in place,I'm really pee'd off with them I'll look at in in the morning and maybe consider

getting a fine brush and painting them!

20170620_172817_zpsd2rdj71w.jpg

Edited by stevej60
  • Like 3

No it was driving me mad,out came the Sky I had painted the spinner/band with and thinned and applied with a thin flat brush looks much

better,just a little slip on the horizontal part of the T which will clean off.I'll give them another coat tomorrow and after blending in with gloss

the wash will do the rest.

20170620_174915_zpsjhjozvvs.jpg

• Like 4

28 minutes ago, stevej60 said:

No it was driving me mad,out came the Sky I had painted the spinner/band with and thinned and applied with a thin flat brush looks much

better,just a little slip on the horizontal part of the T which will clean off.I'll give them another coat tomorrow and after blending in with gloss

the wash will do the rest.

20170620_174915_zpsjhjozvvs.jpg

That looks much better Steve, and because it was a concern for you then you would never have been happy with it in the end. You've made a nice job of painting them in, my hand would not have been that steady. :thumbsup2:  

• Like 1

Cheer's John you're right it was very disappointing although they were a lot lighter once they hit the water,shame as up to now

I can't find anything to moan about the kit.

Thank's Glynn and Dennis,I got two coats on both sides today and glossed them which really blended them in nicely!

Edited by stevej60

Great recovery! When you know there is an issue, it is difficult to leave it! The paintwork looks really neat on those codes!

The rest of the kits seems to have gone really well.

Ray

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Ray S said:

Great recovery! When you know there is an issue, it is difficult to leave it! The paintwork looks really neat on those codes!

The rest of the kits seems to have gone really well.

Ray

Thank's Ray,definitely a hassle free build despite the larger scale.

On 6/20/2017 at 6:02 PM, stevej60 said:

better

looks light grey from here. But yes, the kit decal codes are disappointingly 'green'. 

• Like 1

Morning folk's,a bit more progress,Wheel's painted and fitted along with the wheel well doors and interior.

20170624_101918_zpsb17vf04a.jpg

And a dry run of the canopy shows a great fit with no issues.I won't get a lot done despite it being my weekend off but next job will be to

paint the already assembled exhaust's.

20170624_102824_zpstmcs42gr.jpg

• Like 4