Two seat Starfighter

Kes

You have a choice - both Hasegawa and RoG make / made fine TF-104G / F-104DJ kits.The Hasegawa gets a nod for having a multipart posable canopy. 

Also, the now ancient mid-1970s Heller kit has parts for both single- and twoseat aircraft, while in the early 90s Matchbox modified their F-104G / CF-104 of a similar 1970s vintage into a so-so TF-104G (with M61 Vulcan housing and nosewheel in the single seat position, natch). 

HTH,

Andre

Hi Kes,

As it has been said already, there are three, or actually two! The Heller is not true to 1/72. 

Of the others they are both rare(ish) and therefore are costly. A shame to waste one on a What if! Just my view as a true Stafighter fan. The Revell kit has an error with the cockpit windscreen, being loo long and shallowly tapered. The best is no doubt the Hasegawa. 

Good luck!

Martin

• Like 1

Did anyone ever do a 104F, while we're at it?  BTW, the nose leg on the TF is in more or less the same position as on the G, give a few inches , in relation to the intake, but they moved the well to the rear. MB didn't care to do this is what you mean,  Andre ?

• Like 1

20 hours ago, RidgeRunner said:

Hi Kes,

As it has been said already, there are three, or actually two! The Heller is not true to 1/72. 

Of the others they are both rare(ish) and therefore are costly. A shame to waste one on a What if! Just my view as a true Stafighter fan. The Revell kit has an error with the cockpit windscreen, being loo long and shallowly tapered. The best is no doubt the Hasegawa. 

Good luck!

Martin

'Shame to waste one on a What If?' Strongly disagree! Although I appreciate your input, thanks!

Being inaccurate the Heller maybe the way to go, in the 'What If' universe everything is 100% correct with a plausible back story!

. . . Kes

Edited by Kes

20 hours ago, tempestfan said:

Did anyone ever do a 104F, while we're at it?  

Not out of the box, but you could combine a TF-104G with F-104A/C parts, I've actually thought of this because there are a few nice F-104F options in the Daco German Starfighter decal bonanza

BTW, the nose leg on the TF is in more or less the same position as on the G, give a few inches , in relation to the intake, but they moved the well to the rear. MB didn't care to do this is what you mean,  Andre ?

Errr...yes, what he said.  ;-) 

Cheers,

Andre 

40 minutes ago, Kes said:

Being inaccurate the Heller maybe the way to go, in the 'What If' universe everything is 100% correct with a plausible back story!

If you want one I have one stored away. You can have it for free (exP&P) if you'd like. PM mee.

Martin 

Hey Jari, my 'what if' stuff is classified! Ha! 

A while ago on a different forum I would announce my 'what if' ideas were others would pinch my idea and beat me to the build! Although it's no secret I like to build British prototypes and research aircraft, so my 'what if' stuff is foreign military aircraft in British non military research roles?? There my Su27 in raspberry ripple in the forum somewhere??

. . . Kes