Xtrakit Swift 1/72

52 minutes ago, Magua87 said:

Might try some surgery and see if I can cut it down as it sure looks the part. 

The size and detail between kit seats and resin offering forced me to rebuild the cockpit on my Buccaneer, I just couldn't take the detail off the resin seat....I could have just lowered the floor I suppose.

Here's a comparison of the kit and Quickboost seats. 

See the second photo. I might have room to cut down the floor of the seat to make it fit. Although I could grab the Pavla seat first to see if it'll be a better fit. I have a feeling both the Pavla and Quickboost seats have been designed with the Airfix kit in mind, which seems to have a deeper floor to the cockpit.

Edit: I've ordered the Pavla seat from Ebay. I'll compare all three seats when the latest purchase arrives. 

m9RPhDEh.jpg

L1MQry0h.jpg

I've tarted up the instrument panel. The kit panel has recessed instruments, but no detail on any of the dials. I've overlaid the panel with a Modeldecal decal meant for a Sepecat Jaguar. 

uutS9slh.jpg

Edited by Magua87
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

My Pavla seat arrived. Here's a comparison between the three. Left to right we have Quickboost, Pavla, Xtrakit. The Pavla is clearly the winner. 

AgSVSnwh.jpg

After a bit of sanding it's looking pretty good. There's another sneak peak with the gear door now attached to the front wheel bay.

CYGjVRCh.jpg

HuIRmGih.jpg

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

We're almost there. Final touches now. 

3Y3knJ6h.jpg

In typical fashion I had to fix another self imposed disaster. When trying to create a secure footing for the landing gear I drilled straight through one wing. This led to a lot of filling, sanding, polishing, painting, and gloss coats to even everything out. I'm hoping to finish this project on the weekend by attaching the above parts, the exhaust, and giving the fixed wing a final flat coat. 

I'm quite proud of both my ability to fix a disaster and to stick with the kit! 

Edited by Magua87
  • Like 3

• 1 month later...