Light Ship South Goodwin

11 hours ago, longshanks said:

Suggestion for the match            'Teas Up'

Sticks left in the sands and footprints back to the lightship

That sound very reasonable Kev and could be on the cards  :idea:

4 hours ago, Martian Hale said:

I think we do need to have the match in play just that everyone gets what the diorama is about. I will even buy you the figures if necessary.

Not necessary at all Martian I may have sourced some already  :whistle:

31 minutes ago, Aginvicta said:

If you intend leaving it in your garage you might as well go the whole hog and model the whole of that part of the Channel. Airfix used to do a Cross Channel ferry model, a couple of those steaming past, a couple of Oil Tankers and Freighters and the Jet Foil that ran between Dover and Ostend. Oh and don't forget the White Cliffs of Dover as well. I have a few photos I took last time I was up on the White Cliffs a couple of years ago if you need any help.

Don't you just love these quick weekend builds. :thumbsup:

Andy

Andy you have more chance of the Titanic and the iceberg being put into this diorama  :penguin:

beefy

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, beefy66 said:

Andy you have more chance of the Titanic and the iceberg being put into this diorama 

You'll need a double garage if you're going to add the Atlantic in to this. :P

Andy

• Like 2

On 13/06/2017 at 2:20 PM, beefy66 said:

Billy I have had these in a drawer now for a while but I think these are 0.28 they're in a starter pack I got them from Scoshia models I think at the Scot Nats a while ago 

HTH. Beefy 

Thanks Beefy,  Have seen them advertised at Historex Agents but come in different sizes, plus the starter pack you mention ...

BillyD

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, Aginvicta said:

Andy

The MOD might have an aircraft hangar for sale or rent.

Martian

PS: The offer of the cricket figures is just a way of cutting off any possible escape routes. :evil_laugh:

• Like 2

2 hours ago, longshanks said:

:devil: Oh Yes !! :devil:

and then some :devil:

plus a bit more :devil:

Job for life :devil:

Keith, Rain stopped play ??

Kev

Its a fair cop! Put on the bracelets, chink, chink, oh god I'm nicked! (again) :bobby:

Martian

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, longshanks said:

Take the smile off your face and look suitable shamed.....:rolleyes:

Kev

Shame? What's shame?

Martian the Shameless

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, Martian Hale said:

Shame? What's shame?

Martian the Shameless

Yes I, am starting to understand that now it has took a while though:rage:

1 hour ago, Aginvicta said:

Andy

Not sure miss B would understand the need to get and extra garage

beefy the bewildered  :shrug:

• Like 3

Well small update on the build I have been adding the name to the Hull sides

First problem this is an old kit and I knew the decals might be a bit iffy so I cut down the longest decal to Good  Win to try and make it easier to control the application

All going well with the South and Good parts but the Win part broke up managed to get it back together but the N will need a bit of a touch in and I hope that the weathering and washes will cover it

also got the glazing done on the cabin area using Glue and Glaze

IMG_3725.jpg

IMG_3727.jpg

beefy

• Like 11
  • Thanks 1

That looks really good Beefy, :thumbsup:

I share your pain with elderly decals, I have recently faced that issue with my Type 143 build.

• Like 1

Thats looks like its going to be really striking on the sandbar....

Great stuff with the light tower as well, that bulb looks cracking. 

Geoff 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Martian Hale said:

Those decals have transformed the ship.

I will not be doing a Transformer Diorama NO WAY  :dalek1:

34 minutes ago, Bugle07 said:

Great stuff with the light tower as well, that bulb looks cracking. 

Crack in the Bulb where I did not see one  :blink:

3 hours ago, Paul E said:

That looks really good Beefy, :thumbsup:

I share your pain with elderly decals, I have recently faced that issue with my Type 143 build.

Paul that is what happens when you get elderly everything gets wrinkly and not just the Decals  :whistle:

Thanks again for the feedback and entertainment  :party:

beefy

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, Darby said:

Room for a cross Channel swimmer in a dio methinks?

At this scale one swimmer I might be able to fit in but not with all the Fleet passing as Andy suggested  :snorkle:

beefy

• Like 1

1 hour ago, beefy66 said:

I will not be doing a Transformer Diorama NO WAY  :dalek1:

I hadn't thought of that! :hmmm:

Martian

• Like 1

The decals really bring it to life. You have done a great job getting them fitted. I imagine they must have been a pain to fit when they were new as well. 

Blue Peter once tried to swim the Channel with a boys club from South London, how about a tribute to the late great John Noakes, him and Peter Purves in a small boat with the film crew and Val Singleton making tea. Although if I remember correctly John got seasick and didn't do any swimming.

Andy

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Martian Hale said:

I hadn't thought of that! :hmmm:

Martian

Aren't I the lucky one  :whistle:

5 hours ago, Aginvicta said:

The decals really bring it to life. You have done a great job getting them fitted. I imagine they must have been a pain to fit when they were new as well. 

Blue Peter once tried to swim the Channel with a boys club from South London, how about a tribute to the late great John Noakes, him and Peter Purves in a small boat with the film crew and Val Singleton making tea. Although if I remember correctly John got seasick and didn't do any swimming.

Andy

Andy I do not fancy doing poor old Noakes'y throwing up over the side of a boat  :sick:

Speaking of Boats I had made a start on the 2 ships boats when I was thinking of how to set the scene when it dawned on me that they do not look that good

and while looking for reference on the net it shows the boats covered on most of them when they are on the ship so will cover one with tissue paper as a canvas cover and try and up grade the other

I have started by removing the molded solid Thwarts and will replace with plastic strip

HUH what just happened I,am starting to do small bits of scratch building what are you lot doing to me   :doh:

IMG_3728.jpg

beefy

• Like 6

Well done with the decals shipmate, scratching small boats as well, whatever next?

Brian

• Like 1

Well got nothing done last weekend as celebrating my birthday and fathers day then on nights which always has me knackered for the first few days on top of which far to hot to get a good sleep  :sleepy:

did get some done today trying to work out which chain to use so after some thoughts from you all please

The one in the center is the PE supplied by Atlantic Models in their set already painted and added a twist to it as suggested by Peter Hall

The other two are various size chain I picked up from the Northern Show the other week

which looks better do you all think

IMG_3731.jpg

beefy

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

That's an interesting question. If it were an ordinary ship I would agree with Kev. But this is a Light Ship and I would expect the anchor cable to be substantial so I think the right hand chain is probably more accurate.

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, longshanks said:

Left for me  :thumbsup2:

11 minutes ago, Paul E said:

That's an interesting question. If it were an ordinary ship I would agree with Kev. But this is a Light Ship and I would expect the anchor cable to be substantial so I think the right hand chain is probably more accurate.

Thank you for the quick reply gent's

Kev that is the one I was going for but as Paul says should it not be a bigger more secure chain to keep the ship in place

But when you look the right hand one is to big to fit the Capstan wheel on the winch I will have a look and see if I can maybe get a size in between at the weekend that may look better again  :wonder:

beefy