Airfix Trevethick steam loco.

stevej60

Hi folk's a real "departure" for me,my eldest got this for me and in old school tradition it was built in an afternoon,OK it was then a week before I 

painted it but you get the idea.I sprayed her in Tamiya dark iron the dry brushed aluminium,great fun as I had never built any of these old Airfix

classic's.Thank's for looking in.

DSCN5014_zpse2pjujrt.jpg

DSCN5013_zps6ueyqi4w.jpg

DSCN5015_zpszgbfok7h.jpg

DSCN5016_zpsxnwwigs9.jpg

DSCN5017_zpsjqz0fxoa.jpg

DSCN5018_zpsaqfatqla.jpg

DSCN5020_zpsexvwcecv.jpg

Edited by stevej60
  • Like 19

I'm surprised at how good that looks for such an old kit. Just checked and it was originally tooled in 1968! Excellent job.

• Like 1

Thank's guy's,you know apart from a bit of warping on the large flywheel there was not a single bit of flash  in the parts it was a real

joy to build.

• 2 months later...
1 hour ago, nimrod54 said:

That looks fantastic Steve and the base sets it off nicely. :goodjob:

Thank's John it is in with the kit'looks like it was meant to be motorised,loved building it as departure from wingy thing's.

On ‎02‎/‎08‎/‎2017 at 11:57 AM, Mottlemaster said:

Love it

Now you need to make  a Camborne Hill diorama

With scale onlooking trolls and ghouls. I had the misfortune or pleasure (both feelings included to as not to offend) of driving around the outskirts of said Cam-shire the other week. I don't know if the scowls I drew from locals was down to the Devon sticker on the car or whether another form of motorised transport had been sent by Satan from Hell itself.

• Like 1

On 01/08/2017 at 21:45, stevej60 said:

Thank's John it is in with the kit'looks like it was meant to be motorised,loved building it as departure from wingy thing's.

Yes, the original kit was motorised. My father built the beam engine (in the same series) and that worked a treat.

Thomo.

• Like 1