Possible new release (a Trio!!!!) from Wingnut Wings

Beardie

Hi chaps!

Feast your eyes on this link that our very own 'Redcap' sent me tonight https://hlj.com/product/wng32701/Air

If this is true then this really is the golden age of World War 1 aircraft modelling :D A trio of Albatri in fetching Jasta 5 outfits with 11 scheme to select from :thumbsup:

As an aside I see that, on the Wingnut Wings website, you are no longer directed to Weta to buy but kept on the Wingnuts website. I guess that Weta have been cut out which is not surprising considering their poor performance.

• Like 3

Well folks it is now official, the kit has now been added to the Wingnut Wings website (for release in July) yippeeee!!!!!!

I am one very happy Wingnut this year. :pilot::pilot::pilot:

Looks to be a huuuugggge box with a great set of Jasta 5 schemes to choose from. I feel a Jasta 5 Diorama coming on :nuts::drunk:

• Like 2

Oh my goodness! Someone at Wingnuts must have been listening.  I am on my 11th Albert DVa i in 1/72 (Airfix Revell and Italeri) covering many of the Jastas.  I will be getting one of these set of three.  I will have to start building a little factory so I can set up a production line.  

• Like 2

Well with FCM aftermarket decals for the machine of Fritz Rumey, or a copy of the original Wingnuts D.V kit plus four of these triple sets you could do a large display of Jasta 5 machines :drunk::devil::wicked:

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Beardie said:

Well with FCM aftermarket decals for the machine of Fritz Rumey, or a copy of the original Wingnuts D.V kit plus four of these triple sets you could do a large display of Jasta 5 machines :drunk::devil::wicked:

That would be a lot of little hangers to keep all of them in.  

I can now confirm I will be getting the Jasta 5 Trilogy in but it's a bit early yet to be able to confirm the price other than to say it will be very competitive as usual ;)

Duncan B

• Like 4

The set looks great but I wonder how many people actually have space for three versions of the same kit.

I won't be surprised to see individual kits being sold off from this boxset through private adds or auction sites.

Space be damned :rofl::drunk: I already have four of the WIngnuts Alb D.V/Va in the stash but it is not going to stop me getting at least one copy of this set. It is too beautiful to be left on the shelf :yahoo:

• Like 3

Interesting to look at the Sprue Breakdown on Sprue A, you get 3 sets of D.V and D.Va specific parts. Could be really useful for the spares box. I bought a D.Va OAW box to build as a D.V when that kit sold out so this would be a useful source of parts. Or I could build the one I have as a D.Va OAW and just buy one of these.

Regards,

Mark

3 hours ago, FZ6 said:

Interesting to look at the Sprue Breakdown on Sprue A, you get 3 sets of D.V and D.Va specific parts. Could be really useful for the spares box. I bought a D.Va OAW box to build as a D.V when that kit sold out so this would be a useful source of parts. Or I could build the one I have as a D.Va OAW and just buy one of these.

Regards,

Mark

Well....that's 'The Agony of Choice' eh Mark !

Hope you are keeping well mate and hope to see you soon.

Gary