New style f1 numbers from Spain onwards

shood23

Right so those that don't know f1 has mandated the names and numbers be a certain size now to give the cars more identity. 

This is Ferraris new number look. 

FB_IMG_1494516640353_zpsvewfysiq.jpg

FB_IMG_1494516646857_zpsi7mcjxcf.jpg

A very good use of the shark fin and a proper throw back to the 70s. I really like the look of this. 

Shaun

Jumpers for goalposts...

CAPSTICK COMES HOME
( 'Hovis' Advert Parody )
by
Tony Capstick

I'll never forget that first day at t'pit. 
Me an' mi father worked a 72 hour shift, then wi walked home 43 mile through t'snow in us bare feet, huddled inside us clothes med out o' old sacks. 
Eventually we trudged over t'hill until wi could see t'street light twinklin' in our village. 
Mi father smiled down at mi through t'icicles hangin' off his nose. "Nearly home now lad", he said. 
We stumbled into t'house and stood there freezin' cold and tired out, shiverin' and miserable, in front o' t' meagre fire.
Any road, mi mam says "Cheer up, lads. I've got you some nice brown bread and butter for yer tea." 
Ee, mi father went crackers. He reached out and gently pulled mi mam towards 'im by t'throat. "You big fat, idle ugly wart", he said. "You gret useless spawny-eyed parrot-faced wazzock." ('E had a way wi words, mi father. He'd bin to college, y'know). "You've been out playin' bingo all afternoon instead o' gettin' some proper snap ready for me an' this lad", he explained to mi poor, little, purple-faced mam. 
Then turnin' to me he said "Arthur", (He could never remember mi name), "here's half a crown. Nip down to t'chip 'oyl an' get us a nice piece o' 'addock for us tea. Man cannot live by bread alone." 
He were a reyt tater, mi father. 
He said as 'ow workin' folk should have some dignity an' pride an' self respect, an' as 'ow they should come home to summat warm an' cheerful. 
An' then he threw mi mam on t'fire. 
We didn't 'ave no tellies or shoes or bedclothes. 
We med us own fun in them days. 
Do you know, when I were a lad you could get a tram down into t'town, buy three new suits an' an ovvercoat, four pair o' good boots, go an' see Frank Randall at t'Palace Theatre, get blind drunk, 'ave some steak an' chips, bunch o' bananas an' three stone o' monkey nuts an' still 'ave change out of a farthing. 
We'd lots o' things in them days they 'aven't got today - rickets, diptheria, Hitler and my, we did look well goin' to school wi' no backside in us trousers an' all us little 'eads painted purple because we 'ad ringworm. 
They don't know they're born today!!!
Edited by injidup
  • Like 3

Well this is bound to improve performance and will no doubt make the racing much more exciting!? I saw a recent photo of the Mercedes with '44 Ham' on the spine of the engine cover and thought, Yeah, now fans can identify with the driver's favourite sandwich filling. Yawn:o^_^

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Chimpion said:

They won't need that bit on the McLarens.

Yeah I can't understand how they are getting worse. I get f1 is a hugely technical sport but look at the other teams for a second Merc had a problem with a gear box in testing and had a new one available for test 2, yes it was heavier then the first one but they had a fix in place within 2 weeks, Renault had issues with ers and used the older unit until the better on was fixed at Australia about a month fix time. So how has it taken Honda 3 years now to develop a fast engine that can last more than a than a race.