Content withdrawn - I will NOT be threatened by a moderator, simply because I queried the actions of another...

I love it,.....in the words of the modern day `Royal`s',..... it is `Hoofin'!!! Really nice to see a Junglie Mk.6 and especially one so well done,

Cheers

Tony 

• 1 month later...

That is indeed "hoofin'".  They really did the bare minimum of conversion needed, didn't they?  Sonobuoy receiver aerial boxes under the tail retained, as you say, and also the mounting brackets for the Jez himing aerials under the nose.  All in all, a weird hybrid - but hesutifully modelled.  

Nice one, Centurion

• 2 weeks later...

Excellent work there. Nice to see this rare Sea King version.

I have built a few helicopters over the years and am still surprised at the vast amount of details they tend to have, especially on the undersides. You have really done this one justice.

• Thanks 1

Nice to see....the main reason(just for your SA) they were brought in to service was because of AUP 2 (a/c update programme )for the mk4 fleet.

They were in their way out around 2008 but you are correct that some were still on charge as late as 2010.

They were a bit odd in that they had three fuel tank groups and the obs/crewmans position was still fitted in the cabin port side mid...with extra jungliefied radios and the compass repeater kept too.

Not bad to work on since there were less mods fitted but odd.

DAS was kinda minimal since IFOR/SFOR had finished hence EUFOR.

• Thanks 1

• andyf117 changed the title to Sea King HAS.6(CR) - 845 NAS Bosnia-Herzegovina, 2005 - Revell 1/72