1/35 Horizon Aerial Hunter Killer and 1/32 Pegasus T-800 Endoskeletons Diorama

To follow up on the Terminator build from last month, I have dragged this old vinyl kit out of my stash. It's a big model, I intend to try and add lighting to it and have it in a flight diorama. Here are some pictures of the kit and of the studio model, showing the headlight details that I aim to replicate. I'll be back!

1wlG2vm.jpg
cKFzpy9.jpg
vN8qyp2.jpg
AhmEX4T.jpg
gqQo6NN.jpg
FcZuZkF.jpg
H5nSDSz.jpg
6lpEeoM.jpg
hfMF8va.jpg
MteLeCn.jpg
ikkw16f.jpg
gzR2lTi.jpg

Edited by Lee Chambers
  • Like 7

Now this I really have to watch, great idea for modifying the fans.

I would consider adding some reinforcing to the vinyl as I've seen one built where the tail control surfaces had sagged over time.

Cheers,

Stuart

Yes, i have added some balsa strip inside the rear wings,they are only hollow half way up,but i have used jb weld epoxy on the outside to give strength,also added some expandable foam in the centre of the fuselage to keep it from distorting out of shape,the fan motors have had some balsa strip glued in to keep their shape,i intend to add blue flickering led lighting for the fan engines and a few more eye candy lights to bring it to life,not quite as in the movie,but i like to indulge a bit of artistic license into this type of build.

• Like 1

Hi guys, I have been battling a cold and a bout of shingles over the last few weeks, so progress on this build has been slow and frustrating at times. The hardest part to work on which I tackled first was the tail wing parts, they were only partially hollow so after a lot of trial and error I ended up using 2mm warm white LED strip and some fibre optic glued next to it to give me the navigation lights. I used magnet wire and cut a channel in the wings to bury the wiring, I coated them with Jb weld epoxy. I also put a small amount of balsa wood strip into the hollow of the wings to give them strength.

I had decided to use an RC aircraft navigation lighting set that I had in my spare box, it had 2 front headlights, 2 white strobe lights and 2 slow blinking red anti collision lights. The unit would be a tight squeeze in the fuselage, but I thought it would go in with a bit of luck. I also used a small white SMD to light the forward lower cannon gun and the 2 rear guns. I used 2 milk bottle caps for the lower inner engine cowls and 2 paint jar lids for the top engine cowl inners, I was going to light the engines with blue LEDs. I used expanded liquid foam to pack out the fuselage inner and epoxied a 10mm alloy tube into the fuselage to give me a mounting support where the wiring could pass through into the base. Once this was all glued in place, I primed the body with 2k automotive primer, then black basecoat and a coat of 2k clear lacquer in readiness for spraying alclad chrome and ak extreme metal polished aluminum. More to follow.

6A19KD6.jpg
6r0qN2f.jpg
UchFbld.jpg
TMZBtY5.jpg
gHnWSts.jpg
3kcGYsk.jpg
lWNf1uI.jpg
dFGQ3gF.jpg
bBLLSGQ.jpg
92jHtxG.jpg
C6XSO5c.jpg
qCwUKXl.jpg
faBp35Q.jpg
Z0gjNDy.jpg
p51TX2W.jpg

Edited by Lee Chambers
  • Like 8

Hi guys, made some progress this week on the AK, I painted the ship with Alclad chrome and AK extreme metal polished aluminium, I also used diluted indian ink mixed with a drop of washing up liquid to add weathering, I used Tamiya weathering master burnt blue and oil stain brushed over the lower engine cowls. I didn't want to fall into the trap of a completely chrome overall finish, I wanted to break up the surface detail and use chrome only as a highlight, so I also used metal foil tape on certain parts and for the high lights I used a 2mm Molotow liquid chrome pen. I used some old 1/35 tank parts under the belly of the ship to add a extra level of detail. The basic ship is finished, I will post some lighted pics next time, the diorama will now get started using the Pegasus 1/32 T 800 endoskeleton kit, I would like to try and recreate the box art.

Bd8qMe5.jpg
Tw30NsA.jpg
lSUtJW8.jpg
K88Y2oX.jpg
kGV5GWB.jpg
hWa4Sos.jpg
HxhITY3.jpg
PIvPqbx.jpg
CMpLZhL.jpg
PyAOm32.jpg
PAC5B0K.jpg
oIdesD3.jpg
8lIoe85.jpg
Es5zqfo.jpg
JUscSWH.jpg
iuqTmiq.jpg
3KV7v3d.jpg

Edited by Lee Chambers
  • Like 14

12 hours ago, morty_3333 said:

Hi Lee!

Great work on the Hunter-Killer, stunning paint work!

Look forward to following the T-800.

Hope You are feeling better now, Shingles can be nasty.

Keep Sticking!     Cheers,  Pete

Thanks Morty,i had a dose of it about 20yrs ago,but feeling much better now mate,i hope to get this project wrapped up by this weekend,so i will post some more pics later this coming week.

• Like 1

Hi guys, here are some pics of the Terminators and diorama base being built and painted. I used bits from my scrap and spare box to make the landscape. I wanted to give the impression that metal had been melted and fused together, so I used molten wax dripped over the steel girders, then once it was primed and painted I dry brushed it, I think it looks pretty good, also this was my first attempt at using pigments in anger. I hope you like the results, the next post will be the final reveal.

hskV0fx.jpg
JBqOP9Q.jpg
57hJPJB.jpg
j5EWR7D.jpg
LvvSopV.jpg
0Dx9Af6.jpg
dzBzoke.jpg
jCj6Pji.jpg
umedjg7.jpg
9CYPufp.jpg
dK5bb6r.jpg
QIOQLQN.jpg
4z13FJE.jpg
v7MEmoR.jpg

Edited by Lee Chambers
  • Like 5

• Lee Chambers changed the title to 1/35 Horizon Aerial Hunter Killer and 1/32 Pegasus T-800 Endoskeletons Diorama