Douglas DC 3 / C47 Skytrain GB Chat

9 hours ago, TEMPESTMK5 said:

Good afternoon RAY

I hope you will manage to save at least one to take part to this Gb ..

Best regards

Patrice

I'm sure I will Patrice, I currently have one on the bench in the Radial Engine GB and another 2 in the stash

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Please count me in. All the more so given that it falls shortly before the 75th anniversary of D-Day...

That being said, I would like to build an Li-2 or L2D at some point. And I do have a set of resin Edo floats for an XC-47C tucked away somewhere...years ago I also tried to do an XCG-17 conversion, the effort faltered, but it's something I'd like to revisit someday. I'll think of something!

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

I have a decals for american C47 (beautifull pin-ups) but also want to aquire an L2D3 SHOWA .... One year to the start.....  so I think I will buy a suitable kit for this group. Count me please.

• Like 1

This should give some more colour and variety in paint schemes. Pic (c) Henri Äijälä. This is the Finnish AF DC-2 "Hanssin-Jukka" that nowadays resides out of weather.

Hanssin-Jukka (c) Henri Äijälä

There's a Special Hobby or MPM kit of this plane that I must obtain. V-P

P.S. I was already on the list

• Like 1

• 3 months later...
1 hour ago, Twentecable said:

I guess I will join in. How does it work?

Greetings Twentecabpe.

Good morning Twentecable

Welcome aboard ..

It is very simple this Gb begins on February 9th next year you just have to get a kit and you will be able to begin  building it ...

Best regards

Patrice

Hi, Patrice...Please, count me in. I'm planning to start an Esci's DC-3 soon, using an old decal sheet wich, casually, depict the very plane my father flew during the mid sixties, while deployed at Spanish Western Sahara. It belonged to Ala 46, Gando Air Base (Canary Islands)......I'm tempted to buy an old Monogram C-47 in 1/48 scale to build the same plane....There's a local "toys shop" wich sells models, and they've got a Revell boxing lurking there...It's actually the Vietnam war, gunship boxing, with different cabin layout..that's the only thing that's keeping me from purchasing that old lady....and, of course, the 50 euros tag 🤑

Best regards...

Edited by Artie

• 3 weeks later...

I'll be in this one Patrice I have a Revell 1/48 kit inthe stash but may go for Airfix's new tool,my Dad did a spell in them at the end of the war as air dispatcher

RASC.

Edited by stevej60
  • Like 1

On 6/10/2018 at 11:01 AM, TEMPESTMK5 said:

Good Morning / Buenos Dias Artie

Welcome aboard a Spanish aircraft will be very interesting in this Gb 

Best regards

Patrice

Well, maybe a step back from my previous idea, and give a chance to my good old Airfix, 1/72 scale.....The gunship will need some mods to represent a spanish example, and I'm to lazy work out them....

Cheers....

7 hours ago, stevej60 said:

I'll be in this one Patrice I have a Revell 1/48 kit inthe stash but may go for Airfix's new tool,my Dad did a spell in them at the end of the war as air despatcher

RASC.

Hello Steve

I am looking forward to see your build(s) ..

Cheers Patrice

7 hours ago, Artie said:

Well, maybe a step back from my previous idea, and give a chance to my good old Airfix, 1/72 scale.....The gunship will need some mods to represent a spanish example, and I'm to lazy work out them....

Cheers....

Hello Artie

Ha the good old Airfix Gunship I remember ''building'' it when I was much younger ..

Cheers

Patrice  

• 1 month later...

Patrice,

I would like to join this one also. Not sure of the markings yet but either Market Garden or D-Day. I have

a couple of new Airfix kits that are willing subjects I'm sure.

All the Best!

Don

On 12/08/2018 at 12:10, DJJunis said:

Patrice,

I would like to join this one also. Not sure of the markings yet but either Market Garden or D-Day. I have

a couple of new Airfix kits that are willing subjects I'm sure.

All the Best!

Don

Good evening Don

Welcome aboard ..

Cheers

Patrice

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Having just got the GB bug, though the Airfix Golden Years, this one allows me to put off building my Italeri and Airfix (recent build) DC3's. One will be a WW2 example and the other either Air Anglia or Air Alantique.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Paul821 said:

Having just got the GB bug, though the Airfix Golden Years, this one allows me to put off building my Italeri and Airfix (recent build) DC3's. One will be a WW2 example and the other either Air Anglia or Air Alantique.

10 hours ago, dnl42 said:

Woohoo!

Don't forget 1/144 scale, I'm building 2 of them in the current Pacific at War GB.

Good morning guys

Welcome aboard

Cheers

Patrice

• 1 month later...
On 3/4/2018 at 9:00 AM, vppelt68 said:

This should give some more colour and variety in paint schemes. Pic (c) Henri Äijälä. This is the Finnish AF DC-2 "Hanssin-Jukka" that nowadays resides out of weather.

Hanssin-Jukka (c) Henri Äijälä

There's a Special Hobby or MPM kit of this plane that I must obtain. V-P

P.S. I was already on the list

Nice, I have a vacform kit and some offcuts from a GalDecal sheet for a Finnish DC-2.

So is the DC-2 a close enough cousin to be included in the this GB?

If it isn't I still have Airfix, Italeri and Esci C-47/DC-3 kits in the stash suitable

13 hours ago, Romeo Alpha Yankee said:

Nice, I have a vacform kit and some offcuts from a GalDecal sheet for a Finnish DC-2.

So is the DC-2 a close enough cousin to be included in the this GB?

If it isn't I still have Airfix, Italeri and Esci C-47/DC-3 kits in the stash suitable

Good afternoon RAY

I think that we can allow your vacform DC 2 as we have already allowed the LI - 2 ..

So welcome aboard and see your build in 2 months ..

Patrice

• Like 3

Hello

Please count me in with a new tool Airfix with Air Anglia markings as long as I can get my hands on a set by then (shouldn't be too difficult by all accounts).

I flew in one when I was 11 yrs old and it really stuck with me.....see here:

See you in February!

Rick