1:48 Italeri OH-58D Kiowa

heres my latest completion the Italeri 1:48 OH-58 and I have to say really happy how this one has turned out, as so many times ive messed with trying to get the weathering to look realistic and no matter how hard tried still couldn't get a natural look but i think and hoping nailed it on this one.....

the kit itself went togther ok other than the front nose and main canopy.., also found despite putting a coat of klear down you can still see the decal carrier film so not great , next time think invest in some a/m ones as do want to another one but a different scheme..
i really enjoyed the build and the whole weathering was fun and case of trial and error..

oh the door was left off on purpose as most had them removed in theatre, but saw a pic where only one was one the airframe...

P1170697.jpg

P1170698.jpg

P1170699.jpg

P1170700.jpg

P1170701.jpg

P1170702.jpg

P1170703.jpg

Edited by batcode
  • Like 21

Really nice work on that Rob, the weathering looks great too. Looks a lot meaner than the Vietnam bird I did a bit back.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, russ c said:

Really nice work on that Rob, the weathering looks great too. Looks a lot meaner than the Vietnam bird I did a bit back.

i do have an earlier version that want to do as a Vietnam one. just got sort decals out lol but many thanks Russ and to all